Not to mention that would be some wild scam VZW is pulling; selling their customers refurbs as new. Sprint customers please enlighten us. Do you guys have green dots?
    10-27-09 01:48 AM
    Not to mention that would be some wild scam VZW is pulling; selling their customers refurbs as new. Sprint customers please enlighten us. Do you guys have green dots?
    Ha, a scam... who knows really. For instance, whether one receives/purchases a new vs. refurb'd phone (ANY device, period) should be as transparent as the device being boxed in its original retail packaging or some ugly smaller brown box w/out labels, manuals, CDs, etc.

I really would doubt that there actually is a scam going on... although I wouldn't be surprised if to some extent any carrier used some new vs. refurb criteria loophole ambiguity to be able to sell a "refurb" unit inside of a retail box and verbally claim or even imply that it is a new device in there.

WHEW! It would seem entirely possible, but not very likely since the criteria for new vs. refurb device are probably pretty cut and dry anyway.

My point is.... there's no reason to get all excited about a green dot sticker on a retail box.
    11-27-09 12:18 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD