So its been rumored that the Tour is do for a refresh in 6 or so months, I am curious to know what other upgrades would current 9630 Tour users would like to see in Essex or Tour 2 ( Besides Wi-Fi, 5.0, and Trackpad )

Me, I would like to see a much better camera ... other than that I gold
    10-16-09 10:52 PM
    besides wi-fi and a trackpad.. um, is there anything else?
    10-16-09 10:54 PM
    besides wi-fi and a trackpad.. um, is there anything else?
    lol, that's why I made the thread
    10-16-09 10:58 PM
    i guess a gig or so of app memory wouldnt be a bad thing
    10-16-09 11:00 PM
    i guess a gig or so of app memory wouldnt be a bad thing
    Or the option to run certain apps from memory card Probably the only thing I miss from winmo.
    10-16-09 11:01 PM
    I want them to stop releasing new phones and just concentrate on software, at least for a few months!
    10-16-09 11:03 PM
    I want them to stop releasing new phones and just concentrate on software, at least for a few months!
    AGREED! I want RIM to just build a 'tank' of a phone and put all their excess energy into constantly upgrading the software. They've spread themselves a little too thin trying to become and maintain 'big dog' status in the smart phone arena.
    10-16-09 11:11 PM
    How about a AMOLED display and a faster processor. 512k of app memory would be fine, although nobody knows how much memory a webkit browser and flash apps will eat up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 11:13 PM
    The trackball gone. I want to see the pad like the 9700 has.
    10-17-09 02:05 AM
    tri-band UMTS/HSPA
    10-17-09 03:09 AM
    ok.. since this is make believe.. i want:
    -wi-fi
    -uma
    -trackpad
    -1gb app memory
    -wireless charging (native)
    -flash reader (native)
    -liquid screen
    -4g compatible
    -global (out of box, i dont want to call intl. desk)
    -silly as it may sound, i want the trackwheel back on (for volume or whatever)

and a partridge in a pear tree..
    10-17-09 03:24 AM
    AGREED! I want RIM to just build a 'tank' of a phone and put all their excess energy into constantly upgrading the software. They've spread themselves a little too thin trying to become and maintain 'big dog' status in the smart phone arena.
    Plus it makes me crazy when my phone isn't the hot new item. Stupid Storm2 getting all the attention and bumping the Tour down another spot in the forum directory.

10-17-09 09:40 AM
    Or the option to run certain apps from memory card Probably the only thing I miss from winmo.
    I like this idea the most. If an error code that wipes the OS or something which causes you to have to wipe it yourself then you would have to reinstall the software and all your apps again. This can be pretty tedious especially if you don't know what is causing the problem and you may have to reinstall several times until you find the culprit. If apps could run from the memory card then this would save a lot of time in not having to reinstall all your apps again.
    10-17-09 09:59 AM
    I like this idea the most. If an error code that wipes the OS or something which causes you to have to wipe it yourself then you would have to reinstall the software and all your apps again. This can be pretty tedious especially if you don't know what is causing the problem and you may have to reinstall several times until you find the culprit. If apps could run from the memory card then this would save a lot of time in not having to reinstall all your apps again.
    Also, a great idea as I can delete crappy apps easier and if its freezing my BB, I can just take out the card and delete on my computer.. Would save headaches and unneeded re-installing..
    10-17-09 10:17 AM
    a battery door that isn't loose and an earpiece cover that doesn't creak.
    10-17-09 10:34 AM
    Other than wi-fi and trackpad, the top of my list would be more memory and faster processor.
    10-17-09 10:37 AM
    A fricken laser!
    10-17-09 10:39 AM
    A fricken laser!
    Oh totally, that would be awesome.
    10-17-09 10:54 AM
    faster processer kinda upsetting that the bolds is faster n its been out for year or so

10-17-09 11:42 AM
    faster processer kinda upsetting that the bolds is faster n its been out for year or so
    There's no BB's (currently released) on the planet that have a faster processor than the Bold. So...yeah.

I would like the Essex to have a 5.0mp camera and better antenna/radio than the current Tour.
    10-17-09 12:00 PM
    Wifi and 4G compatibility.
    10-17-09 12:04 PM
    a battery door that isn't loose and an earpiece cover that doesn't creak.
    THAT and a bigger screen and a faster processor.
    10-17-09 12:06 PM
    improved processor, Open GL for better games along with better Graphics processor, LTI, trackpad, wifi, 5.0, not as much lag.
    10-17-09 12:09 PM
    Hey--can I add something still??

The ability to delete the "bloatware" icons that I won't be installing: VZN Nav, Myspace, AIM, etc...
    10-17-09 12:09 PM
    ok.. since this is make believe.. i want:
    -wi-fi
    -uma
    -trackpad
    -1gb app memory
    -wireless charging (native)
    -flash reader (native)
    -liquid screen
    -4g compatible
    -global (out of box, i dont want to call intl. desk)
    -silly as it may sound, i want the trackwheel back on (for volume or whatever)

and a partridge in a pear tree..
    Pretty much +1 on all except the wheel. Also would like the micro-usb port in a better location, and media control buttons on the top.

10-17-09 12:10 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD