So I bought my Tour less than 30 days ago. I like it a lot, and it works perfectly most of the time. But the battery door shifts and my signal tends to switch from 1XEV to 1X way too much. Bummer.

So should I return it? Will they take it back just for those issues and give me a new one? I've dropped it already a few times so there are some nicks and the like, but nothing ridiculous. I also bought it without a contract. Will those factors mess up the return?

Thanks!
    08-09-09 06:32 PM
    Who knows, you'll never know until you try.
    08-09-09 06:38 PM
    Maybe you should try to figure out why your signal drops. Is it a bad service area? Is 3G actually available in your area? I'm not sure if those 2 issues warrant a return. IMO
    08-09-09 06:41 PM
    While these are common problem with the device and now you have dropped that might have made the problem to a point that you cannot deal it, the call is hard what the store will do.

You can try, but if anyone here says yes and the store says no, what are you going to say? they said you would on crackberry, therefore you must take it back.

You will not know until YOU try
    08-09-09 06:42 PM
    For minor probs just keep the phone and people have to stop complaining.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 06:53 PM
    who you with, verizion will take it back in 30 days and give you a new one if you dont say you droped it
    08-09-09 06:57 PM
    try and take it back if you don't like it, the worst they are going to tell you is no.

If one store tells you no and you really want to get rid of it try and take it back at another store.
    08-09-09 07:12 PM
    I called Sprint and "returned/exchanged" mine and they sent me a REFURB/USED Tour. Siike, so i sent the replacement back.
    08-09-09 08:08 PM
    i'm approaching my 30 day period. I have some issues, but I'm not sure if I want to take a chance with another device being worse. I think i'm gonna stick with my original one.
    08-11-09 11:53 AM
    i'm approaching my 30 day period. I have some issues, but I'm not sure if I want to take a chance with another device being worse. I think i'm gonna stick with my original one.
    Thats just sad you have to worry at all
    08-11-09 03:29 PM
    Had a shifty battery door, so I went to one VZW store in town within one week of the purchase and they swapped mine out for an entirely new Tour and not a refurb--thank God.

Eventually, the swapped battery door began to shift a bit again, so this time, I went to different VZW store in town and they happily swapped out the battery door from of their in-stock Tours (which saved me from having to personalize and rest stuff all over again).

Last but not least, if you don't want to swap out your Tour or the battery door, use a piece of electrical tape as recommended in another forum on crackberry.com.

Good luck.
    08-26-09 12:00 PM
    So I bought my Tour less than 30 days ago. I like it a lot, and it works perfectly most of the time. But the battery door shifts and my signal tends to switch from 1XEV to 1X way too much. Bummer.

So should I return it? Will they take it back just for those issues and give me a new one? I've dropped it already a few times so there are some nicks and the like, but nothing ridiculous. I also bought it without a contract. Will those factors mess up the return?

Thanks!
    If you are within 30 days and the damage is very minimal then yes they will exchange it for a brand new one. Outside of 30 days they will get you a FRU.

Do not mention you have dropped it, just show them the issues you are having with the phone.
    08-26-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD