I upgraded to the BB Tour when they first became available on Verizon...I haven't had any issues at all until now...often when I try to open an email, Txt message it tends to be sluggish. There are timesthat it might take 5 seconds for it to respond. Is there a remedy for this?
    11-06-09 09:11 PM
    I just had the same problem today, i did the most common thing, pulled the battery and left it out for like 10 seconds and put back in and turned it on again and it worked fine , go figure that one out
    11-06-09 09:14 PM
    I found clearing your email,sms, bbm logs helps with the sluggishness. Thanks John Yester..
    11-06-09 10:16 PM
    I also found out that leaving your stopwatch running can cause sluggishness. Someone posted this and I had the same problem. Check your stopwatch (in the menu when clock is open). If it's running, stop and reset it. Even a battery pull will not stop/reset the stopwatch. You have to do it manually. Mine was running for weeks and I didn't realize it.
    11-06-09 11:00 PM
    I think that if you leave programs running in the background it can cause the phone to run a little slower than usual. Also it's good to reboot every once in a while, I haven't really had any problems with sluggishness if I do those 2 things.
    11-06-09 11:54 PM
    berryweather has been known to make the device sluggish. do you have that installed?
    11-06-09 11:57 PM
    I was just getting ready to 'flame' the Tour in disgust for being so slow when I Google anything. The Curve 8330 is twice as fast. Then I thought about the 1 thing I hadn't tried yet. I switched the Tour back to the original factory theme. And Presto Change-o, it now seems to be just as fast as the Curve. Whodathunkit? Try it and see what you think...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 05:12 PM
    interesting rippedvanwinkle...did u have to delete ur downloaded themes or just activate the factory theme?
    11-07-09 06:01 PM
    As everyone said, too many email, txt, BBM, messages will definitely slow down your device, but also, Yahoo messengers or messaging apps running in the background as they use up reception to update peoples statuses and stuff like that. Google maps left in the background and Opera Mini does it for me.
    11-07-09 06:30 PM
    I upgraded to the BB Tour when they first became available on Verizon...I haven't had any issues at all until now...often when I try to open an email, Txt message it tends to be sluggish. There are timesthat it might take 5 seconds for it to respond. Is there a remedy for this?
    A big thing is many apps running in the background, especially Google Maps and Facebook. I always close apps if I know I'm not going to need it anytime soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD