I meant to say, will the 8350i with 4.6.1 os get a 5.0 upgrade? Not sure if I have a true 4.6 os? Or does it apply to the 8900 and bold only? Would be nice to see what it would be like with 5.0 on it. None the less iy will probably be best to wait and make sure Verizon has their act together on the Tour before being the first one to get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 08:37 PM
    yes but your in the tour forum almost trying to turn people off from it..

which is kind of annoying.
    hey! We're all grown ppl here who can make our own decisions. I look at it from a practical standpoint and as a grown man who may from time to time revert to being a kid when it comes to tech. But U can take my opinion, or u can dismiss it. I like the device, its refreshing! But the fact of the matter is that it doesnt offer anything really new which upsets me because the competition is offering more! I think if ur up for an upgrade soon and ur definitely going to stay with verizon, this is a decent upgrade. I dont think this is a device to run out and get on day 1. I also wouldn't pay full price for it since it isnt revolutionary. I'll reserve that when I see the storm 2

But hey, you can't blame me for being critical. I don't follow the mrketing gimmics despite being a crackberry master
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-12-09 at 10:40 PM.
    05-12-09 09:08 PM
    hey! We're all grown ppl here who can make our own decisions. I look at it from a practical standpoint and as a grown man who may from time to time revert to being a kid when it comes to tech. But U can take my opinion, or u can dismiss it. I like the device, its refreshing! But the fact of the matter is that it doesnt offer anything really new which upsets me because the competition is offering more! I think if ur up for an upgrade soon and ur definitely going to stay with verizon, this is a decent upgrade. I dont think this is a device to run out and get on day 1. I also wouldn't pay full price for it since it isnt revolutionary. I'll reserve that when I see the storm 2

But hey, you can't blame me for being critical. I don't follow the mrketing gimmics despite being a crackberry master
    I dont think being critical is wrong but how is the tour a gimmick? (if thats what your implying) Verizon has not received anything like the Bold or even the 8900 nor is a cdma device like either of those available so I definetly wouldn't call this a gimmick its more like a long awaited arrival
    05-12-09 11:17 PM
    I dont think being critical is wrong but how is the tour a gimmick? (if thats what your implying) Verizon has not received anything like the Bold or even the 8900 nor is a cdma device like either of those available so I definetly wouldn't call this a gimmick its more like a long awaited arrival
    I wouldn't call the 9630 a gimmic, that would be too harsh. I just mean "marketing" is a gimmic to elevate and hype more than what its worth... generally speaking of course.

Basically, I don't buy the hype just as I didn't buy the hype with the storm when it came out. I rather get a solid review down first from knowledgeable people, get to know the specs to decide if it has what I need, then play with it a little, and then buy.

I know I'm picky but hey... these things are starting to be as technical as computers and we dont just buy the next computer that comes out just because its new.... so why should a smart phone be any different? Plus, these things come with a 2 year marriage!

The good thing about a computer however is that parts can be interchangable and upgradable... with a smart phone, regardless of what you're willing to pay, u get what they put in, thats it! Which in my mind... SUCKS!

I can't wait for the day that the device parts can be upgraded just like a PC! I'd be truly excited! But it will never happen! Device longevity is not the name of the carrier game!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-13-09 at 09:15 AM.
    05-13-09 09:11 AM
    the 9630 is gonna be an 8830 on crack, well sort of. those are the users its aimed at.

youre right on one side because no its nothing groundbreaking, but on the other side its true, vzw is outdated on the cdma side and its sorely needed. the 8830 is old now with the 8900 bold and storms running around
    05-14-09 01:10 AM
    If I had an 8330, I can see questioning the move to a 9630. Other than the newer look, a little more memory, SIM slot, and the Bold style keyboard, there isn't a lot different between the 8330 and 9630. If I wasn't going outside the country, the world edition features wouldn't matter.

Coming from the 8830, though, it is a huge step forward. Most of the features are the same (keyboard, world edition...). The smaller amount of memory in the 8830we is definitely one of the main things I am looking forward to in the 9630. The added camera will also be a nice update. For 8830 owners, the 9630 is definitely a step up.
    05-14-09 08:12 AM
    well, its probably safe to say that this is indeed the update to the 8830 so in essence, it works out for this group best
    05-14-09 08:24 AM
    If I had an 8330, I can see questioning the move to a 9630. Other than the newer look, a little more memory, SIM slot, and the Bold style keyboard, there isn't a lot different between the 8330 and 9630. If I wasn't going outside the country, the world edition features wouldn't matter.

Coming from the 8830, though, it is a huge step forward. Most of the features are the same (keyboard, world edition...). The smaller amount of memory in the 8830we is definitely one of the main things I am looking forward to in the 9630. The added camera will also be a nice update. For 8830 owners, the 9630 is definitely a step up.
    being on verizon name another device that has a keyboard and will have the updated features of the "storm"

I think its safe to say that this is a upgrade to any bb with a keyboard that verizon offers...
    05-14-09 08:35 AM
    I wouldn't call the 9630 a gimmic, that would be too harsh. I just mean "marketing" is a gimmic to elevate and hype more than what its worth... generally speaking of course.

Basically, I don't buy the hype just as I didn't buy the hype with the storm when it came out. I rather get a solid review down first from knowledgeable people, get to know the specs to decide if it has what I need, then play with it a little, and then buy.

I know I'm picky but hey... these things are starting to be as technical as computers and we dont just buy the next computer that comes out just because its new.... so why should a smart phone be any different? Plus, these things come with a 2 year marriage!

The good thing about a computer however is that parts can be interchangable and upgradable... with a smart phone, regardless of what you're willing to pay, u get what they put in, thats it! Which in my mind... SUCKS!

I can't wait for the day that the device parts can be upgraded just like a PC! I'd be truly excited! But it will never happen! Device longevity is not the name of the carrier game!
    Agreed. Unfortunately, I buy the hype on certain products. lol, I guess I'm kind of compulsive.
    05-14-09 09:19 AM
    I need to see this phone
    05-14-09 09:20 AM
    Agreed. Unfortunately, I buy the hype on certain products. lol, I guess I'm kind of compulsive.

I am also compulsive however I see a very valid argument for myself to go this route.

I am extremely compulsive but I don't just spend money every second I get a chance to. I definitely think hard about the money I do spend
    05-14-09 03:15 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD