Just curious what you all prefer? BB browser viewing the mobile version, Bolt, Opera Mini? Something else? Personally I really really enjoy the speed and the way Bolt renders most websites, including Crackberry.
    09-08-09 09:07 PM
    you do know that CB has a mobile Launcher right?

for web browsing I use just the BB browser, works great for me
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 09-08-09 at 09:14 PM.
    09-08-09 09:10 PM
    I prefer opera mini. But that's just me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 09:12 PM
    Opera Mini for me too!
    09-08-09 09:13 PM
    Bb browser for the mobile site

09-08-09 09:14 PM
    I prefer opera mini but I use the launcher so its the native bb for me.

09-08-09 09:14 PM
    I like the native BB browser mobile version when I'm just checking out things real quick. But like right now I've been on for nearly 3 hours using my tour, in this case I prefer Bolt. I don't get it, I know most people like OM better, I just can't get used to it. I really like bolt a lot, although it needs some improvement for sure.
    09-08-09 09:18 PM
    BB browser..... Hasnt given me a reason to try anything else.

09-08-09 09:23 PM
    I use the bb browser on column view for crackberrys mobile site but only for cb other then that I use bolt.

09-08-09 09:32 PM
    I use the bb browser on column view for crackberrys mobile site but only for cb other then that I use bolt.

Glad to see a fellow Bolter. I'm new to smartphones and Blackberry. So I was trying to use the native browser to view some full html site, and several didn't work. Couldn't check my bank account. Then I learned other browsers were available, found Bolt, and love it.
    09-08-09 09:39 PM
    Ok I'm messing with the native browser now. Thought constantly going to column view would be a pain. I see the Z key is a shortcut. Don't you guys find it hard to read the smaller text though. I wish I could zoom in, and THEN do column view, so I wouldn't have to zoom manually then scroll left and right to read messages.

09-08-09 09:49 PM
    Ugggh I'm a dousch! Went to options, general properties, and set minimum font size from 6 to 8. Much better! Ill be using the native browser more now.

09-08-09 09:51 PM

What's the point of the mobile launcher?

Native browser on the Tour is the best (till the new Bolt comes out..).
    09-08-09 09:55 PM
    Mobile launcher is a lot easier to click on vs typing in a web address unless you set CB as your homepage. Its more of a convenience thing than anything. I use the standard BB browser, but if I want to view a regular webpage I use the Beta version of the bolt browser.

09-08-09 10:04 PM
    BB Browser for me...

09-08-09 10:04 PM
    Mobile launcher is a lot easier to click on vs typing in a web address unless you set CB as your homepage. Its more of a convenience thing than anything. I use the standard BB browser, but if I want to view a regular webpage I use the Beta version of the bolt browser.

When you say "beta version of the Bolt browser" are you talking about the only available Bolt browser that's out? If so I didn't realize what I was using was beta.....

Or are you using a beta of an upcoming version of Bolt?

09-08-09 10:08 PM
    BB browser. I just set a CB mobile bookmark and done. I don't need the launcher.
    09-08-09 10:09 PM
    Yeah I have it bookmarked specifically for the Tour section of the forums.

09-08-09 10:13 PM
    BB Browser for me, too. That's on the Tour. The question was about preference, though, and that would have to be Firefox on my Simply Mepis Linux boxes. Bolt is a great alternative to view Crackberry on, but it's hard for my old tired eyes to read. Great question.
    09-08-09 10:25 PM
    BB browser..... What makes people think it was designef for anything else. Gezee!

09-08-09 10:27 PM
    Bolt works good if you want to see the full site but if you want speed, then the mobile site is pretty quick on the BB browser
    09-08-09 10:28 PM
    BB Browser for me, too. That's on the Tour. The question was about preference, though, and that would have to be Firefox on my Simply Mepis Linux boxes. Bolt is a great alternative to view Crackberry on, but it's hard for my old tired eyes to read. Great question.
    Thank you Ron. Yeah I can understand that if anyone had even slightly bad eyes, they may not like Bolt. I set my default view to Xtra large and its ok. But that cause you to have to scroll left and right more.

09-08-09 10:28 PM
    I will only use the native browser now that I realized I can change the minimum font size, and by default my berry is always on column view. Much better.

09-08-09 10:29 PM

I use the BB browser with the CB mobile launcher. It is fast enough.

09-08-09 11:07 PM
    i'm still using the native browser set to size 8 font. I've tried Opera Mini but i'm got tired of giving permission for it to access the internet every time I used it. Who knows, it may just be that I didn't have it set correctly. Still, it didn't seem any faster.
    Last edited by Heckler; 09-08-09 at 11:17 PM. Reason: clarification of topic
    09-08-09 11:16 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD