just more memory and faster processor and trackpad?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 09:46 AM
    wifi, maybe not a faster processor?
    04-20-10 11:07 AM
    well it has a piece of text that says BOLD on the back. this is to indicate that you are not holding a tour with the features that it should have had in 2009, but rather a whole new device
    04-20-10 11:24 AM
    I wouldn't use wifi I'm just wandering whether or not I should get it

04-20-10 11:25 AM
    Is it that much of an upgrade compared to the tour tho?

04-20-10 11:27 AM
    specs havnt been released yet as far as the processor. people who have the 9650 right now claim its faster then the 9630 Tour.

biggest difference....

--wifi
    --Trackpad
    --2gb on board memory
    --faster processor some claim, but we dont have the details yet
    --bold logo stamped on the back of the phone
    --newer battery door cover that has yet to be seen
    --Open GL
    --will be able to run OS 6.0 since it has the trackpad

RIM has this phone on lockdown, we will know a lot more at the WES show
    04-20-10 11:27 AM
    wifi
    trackpad
    same processor and internal memory(for the apps I mean)
    OpenGL for 3D gaming
    2gb of flash memory(to use as a SD card)
    same design exept the battery cover/trackpad/Bold logo
    more RAM memory(around 132mb as the 9700, actual tour have only 64mb of RAM). Ok I know everybody will say ''the tour use 256mb of ram'' but that's not true. Most people are confused between RAM and internal app memory.
    04-20-10 11:32 AM
    Will it be the best bold out since its the newest? Or is the 9700 better cuz the number is higher. Or does the 9700 number mean nothing?

04-20-10 11:53 AM
    Will it be the best bold out since its the newest? Or is the 9700 better cuz the number is higher. Or does the 9700 number mean nothing?

Numbers on phones dont mean anything. the 9650 will be the best Bold on the CDMA Market. The 9700 Bold is the best on the GSM market. Both phones together have good there pluses and minuses.
    04-20-10 11:57 AM
    New tour 2/bold 9650 will probably have more updates/focus than that of the 9360 being that it has a trackpad and wifi... Verizon is already announcing the 9630 EOL date...

04-20-10 12:16 PM
    Having enough experiences with using the trackball issues, the main reason to get the new Tour/Bold is the trackpad. If my experience isn't enough, you can search this forum with the word "Trackball" and find millions of threads on stuck or non working trackball.

Once the new BB comes out I'm ditching the old trackball technology for the touch pad and never having to worry about cleaning the ball with rubbing alchohol, slips of paper, etc. etc.

Oh and the Wifi would be a bonus for me
    04-20-10 12:37 PM
    I never had a problem with my balls. Lol. But I wouldn't need wifi cuz I can just use the bb internet

04-20-10 12:52 PM
    I never had a problem with my balls. Lol. But I wouldn't need wifi cuz I can just use the bb internet

Doesn't mean you won't.. its inevitable and a bad desgin. Eventually you will have enough oil, debris and other junk inside your trackball and cause problems. Why? because there is a small space between your trackball and the phone housing.
    04-20-10 01:02 PM
    Doesn't mean you won't.. its inevitable and a bad desgin. Eventually you will have enough oil, debris and other junk inside your trackball and cause problems.
    Not disagreeing with the lame trackball on the 9630 but... an ounce of prevention goes a long way. A couple times a month I'll clean the trackballs on our Tours with an alcohol wipe and then do the paper strip trick posted here on CB and (knock on wood) all of the our Tour trackballs remain perfectly responsive despite heavy use in all conditions.

Now as Namji suggested, should we have to do this? Of course not! But again, an ounce of prevention seems to be adequate to overcome this situation, at least until we all convert to trackpad Bolds...
    04-20-10 02:20 PM
    Not disagreeing with the lame trackball on the 9630 but... an ounce of prevention goes a long way. A couple times a month I'll clean the trackballs on our Tours with an alcohol wipe and then do the paper strip trick posted here on CB and (knock on wood) all of the our Tour trackballs remain perfectly responsive despite heavy use in all conditions.

Now as Namji suggested, should we have to do this? Of course not! But again, an ounce of prevention seems to be adequate to overcome this situation, at least until we all convert to trackpad Bolds...
    I agree, but my point was that having the trackpad versus the trackball is a big improvement and enough for me to upgrade.
    04-20-10 02:26 PM
    can anyone tell me if the blackberry bold has a faster processor then the tour? i personally cant tell the difference. let me know what u guys think, thanks
    06-04-10 10:02 PM
    can anyone tell me if the blackberry bold has a faster processor then the tour? i personally cant tell the difference. let me know what u guys think, thanks
    They have the same processor.
    06-04-10 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD