This was posted before by some else with no answer so I thought I would repost and see if we can get some help here.

I have been battling this since I got the phone in August. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't . Did V. change the op. system?

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but my issue is along the same lines. My girlfriend has a Tour and she wants to set a ringtone for me and wants the SMS tone to be the same as everyone else. The ringtone works, but when the phone is holstered and I text her, all she gets is the vibrate, no tone. If you take the vibrate off, she gets nothing but the LED indicator. If the phone isn't holstered, the SMS tone works.

Another problem related to above.

Everytime I change the ringtone it goes into contact alert and the above happens. If I delete contact alert her phone goes back to classic and all other contacts stay on a default ringtone that I chose. ?????
    Last edited by Islandberrry; 03-05-10 at 07:23 AM.
    03-05-10 07:21 AM
    I don't use any unique contact tones but I believe that I've read that the issue is possibly a bug in the OS 4.7xxx. You might want to upgrade that Tour to another carriers' OS 5.x or wait till Verizon finally releases an official version.

Others may have better info on custom tone settings.
    03-05-10 09:21 AM
    How do I upgrade to a 5.0 if verizon does not have it yet?
    03-05-10 03:46 PM
    Use the Sprint version that has been released.
    03-05-10 04:49 PM
    OK.......if you are not a sprint customer how would you do that?
    03-06-10 07:59 AM
    Oh for goodness sakes!

You can use the released version from ANY CARRIER. Just follow the instructions in the stickied threads at the top of this forum section.
    03-06-10 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD