I went to do a software update on my tour the other day, i downloaded everything fine and then went to do the update.. It was doing a back up i believe with a status bar scrolling across the screen.. It made it to about 47% and then froze.. I kept the phone on overnight and nothing changed. I then pulled the battery and started the phone back up, when it turned on it immediately went back to the update and is now stuck at 1%... It will stay at 1% for hours and hours with no change.. PLEASE someone help me out!!
    -Chris
    09-03-10 09:44 AM
    No panic. Do a search for BBSAK here on crackberry. Install this, try if you can back up your data and then try to wipe your phone. This will remove all software.

Download the latest OS for your device and remove all old ones and install the new OS (you can always find this sticky on top of the device forum)then follow these instructions:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

if that doesn't work these. You'r phone is not nuked (yet), but the procedure to get it working again is the same

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Hope this helps
    09-03-10 01:33 PM
    Thank you!! Looks as if now i have to go get a usb cord for my phone seeing my original one was stolen.. Would a repair store be able to do all this if i have insurance on the phone? The reason I ask is because im actually on vacation ( goes better with no phone) and can go to my local store when i get home.. Thanks again !
    09-03-10 03:03 PM
    Insurance usually charges you a deductible. I think a repair store of your provider can do this as well. If you can get that usb cable you can do it yourself. I would not file a claim and why would you? This is not an insurance case, so if you can't do it the tech center should help you
    09-03-10 03:10 PM
    Cool thanks... Ive been into the sprint repair store a bunch of times, so they know me in there pretty well and the cute girl usually gives me the hook up =) .... IF they try to charge me or anything like that then I will follow the steps above.. THANK YOU very very much!! Now time to put this thing in my suit case and enjoy the rest of my vacation..
    09-03-10 03:16 PM
    ur welcome. Enjoy your holiday!
    09-04-10 01:29 AM
    Unless you take it in the store for damage(s) caused by user error (dropping phone in water, cracked screen etc etc etc), you would not need to pay anything to get sprint repair fix your phone that is still under warranty. Now if you have rapport with the store, they wouldn't care if the damage was user error.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-04-10 06:11 PM
    It depends what kind of damage. Wear and tear will be charged for example if you don't have the TEP.
    09-07-10 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD