OK...been a BB user for many years, but I've never seen something just "stop" functioning without a reason.

Yesterday, without changing "anything" on my BB or my GMail account, or my BIS setting (including Enhanced Gmail Plugin) the "Delete on Handheld and Mailbox" just stopped working. BTW, yes..."Synchronize Deleted Messages" is still checked in my BIS settings.

Deleting a message on my BB has always deleted the message also in my inbox in Gmail unless I had added another label, which is expected behavior. But if I'm on the road and I get email I don't want cluttering up my inbox in either place...deleting them on the BB always deleted them instantly in my web-based mail box as well.

Anyone else experiencing this as of yesterday?
    12-09-09 08:28 AM
    quickpull/battery pull?

Dm
    12-09-09 09:42 AM
    quickpull/battery pull?

Dm
    Already tried it.
    12-09-09 09:43 AM
    delete and readd the email address on your BIS
    12-09-09 09:48 AM
    go to your menu from your messages folder go to options then email reconciliation, then go to the one that says delete on and change it to prompt. or mailbox and hand held or just hand held
    12-09-09 09:52 AM
    delete and readd the email address on your BIS
    I wanted to try that...but am trying to avoid it. For us Mac users with Mac DTM there is a HUGE problem in doing doing so. What happens is as soon as I delete the email address and add the same one again I get duplicate calendar entries and it's a known issue. At that point the only solution is a WIPE.

If you have a way around the problem caused by this...I'm willing to listen, but I've been down the "remove address/address" fiasco twice now in a month and really don't want to go there again :-)
    12-09-09 09:52 AM
    go to your menu from your messages folder go to options then email reconciliation, then go to the one that says delete on and change it to prompt. or mailbox and hand held or just hand held
    Tried that, too...and then moved back to "Remove on both" which is where it has to ultimately be.
    12-09-09 09:53 AM
    Well...just as weird...it started working again and I did nothing. I guess it must have been some glitch with BIS, but it had been going on for nearly a day. I will be SO GLAD when BIS 3.0 comes out!

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    12-09-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD