First, let me say that I've looked through the forums and have done a few Google searches, but I haven't been able to find the solution to my problem.

With that out of the way, here's an explanation of what's happening to me. In short, all of my contacts in phone calls and in messages are being displayed as "Lastname, Firstname", even though I have the contacts displaying in the desired "Firstname Lastname" format in the contacts application.

A little history: I tried sorting contacts by last name to see if I liked that better than the default sorting by first name. I changed this setting in the Contacts application. This worked fine, and everything in my phone displayed in "Lastname, Firstname" as desired. However, I decided that I liked the previous way of doing things, and changed the contacts application back to sorting by first name. Now, the contacts application displays my contacts as desired, but in the phone call log and in the message application, ALL senders are displayed as "Lastname, Firstname", even if they aren't in my contacts.

I have tried to look around in the options and preferences of both the device and the different applications, with no luck. Short of wiping the device and starting over again, does anybody know how I can fix my issue so that contacts, senders, and callers are displayed in the default way of "firstname lastname" ?
    11-29-09 12:31 AM
    Anybody have anything to say on the matter?
    11-30-09 06:07 PM
    At the end you were vague... you mean even new Messages that are received are displayed with your old format setting of Lastname, First, or just the older ones?
    11-30-09 07:15 PM
    sounds like a silly little glitch in your OS. I'd wipe and start fresh. Don't forget to backup your data first using DM.
    11-30-09 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD