I have a BB Tour and I initially installed the popular weather application Weatherbug Direct which you can find in most OTA threads such as this one WeatherBug Direct For Blackberry
    Weatherbug DIRECT screenshot which looks crappy with the ladybug and temperature status.

But I don't like this application because it shows 2 icons one is a lady bug icon with the temp and the other is the current condition.

I've also tried the BBweather and its an ok weather applicaiton but the icon graphics is crappy compared to the weatherbug icon.

Weathereye is ok as well but again the icon looked bleh..

So I did a some searching and found on Blackberry App World there was a weatherbug application you could download for free and this weatherbug application is exactly what I was looking for.
    Take a look at the Screenshots.

Last edited by Namji; 09-23-09 at 04:40 PM.
    09-23-09 10:36 AM
    Bump.. so everyone knows about this?
    09-23-09 01:18 PM
    Whats the name of this app you got from App World?
    09-23-09 01:54 PM
    What is weatherbug direct? I didn't even see that link on the free OTA page. I tried the weather apps on that page and I think those are Accuweather and another. I've been using this app and really like it. I tried BerryWeather and really hated how inaccurate the data was. Weatherbug is much much more accurate, but has an interface that is not as nice as the BerryWeather. That is the only plus for it really. The elite (paid) version of WB has push weather which sounds interesting to me. My only wish for this app was that the temperature was built directly into the icon like it is for BerryWeather.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 01:59 PM
    yes, this is usually one of top downloads
    09-23-09 02:18 PM
    I tried weatherbug, but really didn't care for it. I currently use weathereye, but if you want on your spot, that exact moment detail, look no further the BlackStar GPS software (free). In the menu there's a Current Weather heading that opens the browser to wunderground info including a very nice satellite image. You obviously must be able to pick up a GPS signal in order for it to work.
    09-23-09 03:34 PM
    Just get the free accuweather from Crackberry free apps OTA links. Its push and free and doesn't have crappy icons.
    09-23-09 03:34 PM
    Whats the name of this app you got from App World?
    Look at the 4th picture on my original post.
    09-23-09 04:01 PM
    Just get the free accuweather from Crackberry free apps OTA links. Its push and free and doesn't have crappy icons.
    My point of this thread is that most people are recommending weatherbug direct and this app is crap I wanted to let people know that weatherbug from AWS Convergence Tech is much much better.
    09-23-09 04:02 PM
    how do u get weather ladybug to display the ladybug with the temp inside it?
    09-23-09 04:29 PM
    Where do I find the Weatherbug Direct? It's not listed on the OTA list in the link you posted unless I over looked
    09-23-09 04:34 PM
    how do u get weather ladybug to display the ladybug with the temp inside it?
    That's what I didn't want which I got with weatherbug direct you can download here. WeatherBug Direct For Blackberry

What I was looking for is just a condition and roll over temperature and time and date info which I got from weatherbug.
    09-23-09 04:35 PM
    Where do I find the Weatherbug Direct? It's not listed on the OTA list in the link you posted unless I over looked
    I just revised the link to weatherbug direct, but again this application is what I didn't want. But now I got the right weatherbug application.
    09-23-09 04:38 PM
    Yup that was the 1st app I put on my Tour when i got it. I gotta know the weather everyday, I like how it show the current weather on the home screen
    09-23-09 05:18 PM
    That's what I didn't want which I got with weatherbug direct you can download here. WeatherBug Direct For Blackberry

What I was looking for is just a condition and roll over temperature and time and date info which I got from weatherbug.
    thanks I wanted that WB direct
    09-23-09 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD