With another leak for the 9700 coming out this morning, I am beyond frustrated waiting for a Tour leak for what I think is about 3 months now.
    12-04-09 08:20 AM
    From what I've seen the reason why we're not getting a lot of leaks is due to **** os's... compairable to the fail that was 273... I'm just as eager as all of you but dont worry... they're still working on it just cause the tour2 is coming (which ive heard rumors that they pushed that back to Q2 of 2010) doesn't mean that they are forgetting about us. They didnt forget about the s1 and remember the s1 came our a while before the tour. Be patient.
    12-04-09 08:35 AM
    With another leak for the 9700 coming out this morning, I am beyond frustrated waiting for a Tour leak for what I think is about 3 months now.
    i was about to say the same. 230 doesn't work well for me. i keep seeing leaks for the other phones. i don"t get whats up with the tour
    12-04-09 08:36 AM
    There needs to be a leak soon so I have something to mess with on my phone.
    i am RIGHT there with u on that one
    12-04-09 08:38 AM
    It is absolutely ridiculous. Us Tour owners have been abandoned...
    12-04-09 09:46 AM
    I can't get 230 to work on my telus tour, I've tried 3 times and everytime I couldn't download msn and bbm it said download failed or something like that, any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 03:28 PM
    .230 works great for me but my 2600 extended battery only last me a day
    12-04-09 03:32 PM
    another leak just in for the storm 9500!
    12-04-09 03:50 PM
    230 works for me. it has a couple bugs that are annoying but nothing over the top.

Worst one is the media player muting the 2nd song in a sequence.

Other than that, it's all gravy for me.

Battery life is slightly worse, but I can deal with it. It sits on my cradle at work all day anyway.
    12-04-09 04:04 PM
    We need another fresh leak, i see all these new ones but you never see any love for 9630.
    12-04-09 04:42 PM
    I am using the hybrid, but still there are lots of bugs with this OS. You can't seriously think this is what will be the final OS for tour. Come on now.

lols.

No, I absolutely don't think that the current leaks or hybrids that are out now are EXACTLY what the final build for the OS will be. That's why they're leaks and hybrids and why there hasn't been an official release, yet.

On the other hand, if one is expecting that there will be earth shattering, mind blowing omgwee! changes or even noticeable additions in the official compared to what is in the current leaked build, then I don't think that's going to happen. I think the final build will be what is in the current hybrid/leak, but hopefully improved upon.

I ran .230 with absolutely no issues and I'm currently running the hybrid with no issues. In fact, I have found that both versions offered a significant improvement on multiple levels when compared to the stock OS that came on my phone. I wouldn't go back to the current official that's out, and if the official 5.0 comes out sucking the big one, I'd have no problem going back to what I'm currently running now.

To each their own, I suppose.
    12-04-09 10:04 PM
    To be honest, I love .230. I want another leak so bad just to have something to play with, but I have never had a random reboot once or pretty much any issues people are describing on here. I'm convinced now that if you are having issues with 230 it's user error.
    12-04-09 10:47 PM
    Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's exclusively a user error. I think that there are just too many variables to determine why so many people have such great luck with the leaks and some others just don't.

Between different styles of use, different applications and then ya, user error it's hard to say why some have problems and others don't.

I've had such good luck so far though that it surprises me to read about people having random booting and other issues...I've not experienced any of them.
    12-04-09 10:53 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD