dont use your Tour when its hot if you dont have an ear piece. this damage was caused when i negligently brought the phone to my ear to make a call on a hot summer day. not covered under warranty.
    Last edited by notsatisfied; 09-03-10 at 01:19 PM. Reason: more photos
    09-03-10 01:18 PM
    dont use your Tour when its hot if you dont have an ear piece. this damage was caused when i negligently brought the phone to my ear to make a call on a hot summer day. not covered under warranty.
    Call Asurion and get it replaced; assuming you have insurance. Totally sucks that it happened, but if they won't warranty replace it, do the next best thing.
    09-03-10 01:23 PM
    Is it possible that it had been previously exposed to moisture (like having it in the bathroom while you're in the shower)? I've never seen anything like that before without there being some other aggravating factor.

It's always possible that you device has a defect. But as you said, good luck getting them to honor the warranty on water damage.
    09-03-10 01:31 PM
    i am regretting the fact that i did not get insurance. however, since this seems to be a fault in the character of the device you would think they would just replace it. they dont see it that way. it is indeed sweat...it happened shortly after i used it on a hot day to make a call. it has never been in the shower or bathroom...and has never been subjected to a hard drop or other act of negligence. the display is not sealed properly. its unfortunate really that product quality or lack thereof can be buried under a warranty clause that literally has nothing to do with ear sweat!!!!
    09-03-10 01:45 PM
    A 9700 user had the same issue: http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/doe...damage-304831/

Another 9630 user here:http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/he...orking-485012/

I'll be more careful with my Bold!
    09-03-10 01:48 PM
    be more careful for sure. if it is hot...or you have really really sweaty ears...use an ear piece. unfortunate that the companies representing this phone think that it shouldnt be brought to your ear when it is hot.
    09-03-10 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD