So many threads about this... half the people say vzn won't move up their upgrade date, half say they will.

I called last week and said... I've been with you guys for a while.. I had a lot of problems with my curve I would like to move my upgrade date up to today so i can get it. They did it no problem and I got the Tour today.

I just got off the phone with my vzn for my wife. I said.. I'd like to know when shes eligible for an upgrade.. they said march. I said.. we've been with you guys for a while I'd like her to get the tour... she said absolutely.

She told me that if you bought a phone a year or longer, they will upgrade for you. She said they put a note in the system that you can upgrade even though technically you aren't eligible so its up to the store's discretion whether they will honor it for you...but customer service always will..as she said.

So I didn't want to take a chance at the store so we just ordered it and well get it Wed.

Just be nice... thats all. If they say no.. keep calling.
    07-12-09 09:57 PM
    same here. it does work.
    07-12-09 10:02 PM
    It all depends how long you've been with them and how much you bill is etc. it also depends on your rep you get.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 10:04 PM
    I wasn't eligible for another 8 months but went into the store prepared to pay full retail and asked if it was possible to get the tour for the upgrade price due to being unhappy with the storm. Surprisingly I was sold the tour for the 1 year price with no problem. I think it all depends on who you talk to at the store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 10:14 PM
    I have recently purchased a enV3 from Verizon and renewed my contract for another year. After going back to not having a smartphone (I was in the UK with a iPhone 3G on o2) I realized it is simply unrealistic. Anyways, I bought the enV3 36 days ago (6 days after I could have returned it) and now I want a Blackberry Tour. I am fully prepared to pay the full retail price, but I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas or knowledge on how to try to pay a bit less for the tour. Thanks.
    07-12-09 10:38 PM
    how much is the one year price and how much is the full retail price?
    07-12-09 10:50 PM
    how much is the one year price and how much is the full retail price?
    a year contract is $269.99 and full price is $489.99
    07-12-09 10:52 PM
    1 year contract- 269.99
    Retail Value- 489.99
    07-12-09 10:52 PM
    I have vzw. What if i opened a new line with a tour, then swapped lines of the tour and the storm so that the storm is on the new line and and the tour is on the old line. Then after 15 days, cancel the new line and sell the storm to cover the etf on the new line.

I know its a lot but I want a tour. any vzw people know if this will work.
    07-12-09 11:12 PM
    What I was told was that the primary account holder (if you have multiple lines) is eligible for early upgrade after 1yr. The secondary can get their upgrade after like a year and a half.

What it comes down to is that EVERY manager at a VZW store has the Auth/Sales code to authorize an early upgrade at ANY time...its their discretion. But if they do it too often, they may get some grief for it from corporate. I have a friend at VZW that was able to help me get my Storm upgraded to the Tour this morning a year and a half EARLY! So now I have my Tour and I LOVE it!

But you guys are right...just be nice and courteous and you just might get your way. ;o)

Good luck!
    07-12-09 11:18 PM
    I have vzw. What if i opened a new line with a tour, then swapped lines of the tour and the storm so that the storm is on the new line and and the tour is on the old line. Then after 15 days, cancel the new line and sell the storm to cover the etf on the new line.

I know its a lot but I want a tour. any vzw people know if this will work.

You can try it, but they may hit you with the cancellation charge for breaking your contract early. A VZW rep would know better than I would, but that's just my thought on that plan. If it were THAT easy...everyone would be doing it.
    07-12-09 11:20 PM
    What explains the upgrade variation is simple: follow the money. If you upgraded recently to a phone that Vzn paid a lot for (and maybe you could sell for more than you paid for it) maybe not. If you upgraded for what they consider a beater phone they'll let you do it early. Step back and take a look at it from their end. Figure the Tour costs Vzn about $400-450 from Blackberry.
    07-12-09 11:23 PM
    I am on a family plan, although my brother and I (19 and 17) are the biggest users. My parents are not very "technologically gifted" when it comes to phones, so much so that for the ten or eleven years my father has owned a phone, just yesterday he figured out how to text. I believe my father is eligible for an upgrade, and he won't want to use it, so I am hoping to be able to use his upgrade and switch the tour over to my account.

I went to the Verizon store today and they told me that I could sell them back the enV3 at the cost I bought it at (149.99 including rebate), but I can easily sell it for 250.00 on ebay. I am hoping to be able to get the tour for less than 250.00 and come out even for how much I will sell the enV3 after I get my tour.
    07-13-09 01:15 AM
    Thought all was lost because I was only 6 months into a new 2 yr contact. Called many times with no success... (Sales/Customer Service/Loyalty Department)

Finally was able to talk to someone who offered the 1 yr contract price. I asked them to talk to their supervisor and see what they could do because I was in a pickle... I asked them to work on it and call me back after their break.

They called back with the 2 yr price of $199. I also got a $150 coupon for my employee discount (I don't work for VZ BTW). Sold my old enV2 for $80 bucks.

I got a NEW TOUR and $30 cash! 1st BB and I am excited to have freedom to do what I want/need in life and now on my mobile phone!

2 Cents: Be patient, be nice, and you shall prevail!
    07-15-09 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD