Will the privacy screen protector from Verizon provide me with good protection against scratches?
    07-23-09 07:40 PM
    I'm not too sure. I'd say just get a PhantomSkinz if you're looking for scratch protection while using the standard or an aftermarket holster.

Nobody should be able to see what you're doing anyway unless they are hovering over you.
    07-23-09 07:44 PM
    I got the Tour the day it came out and the VZW store only had the privacy protector. So guess what I got, it is decent for privacy but using the holster that comes with the Tour and simply just putting it in my pocket, it has gotten really scratched. Its not noticeable when the BB is on but really noticeable when the phone is off. Not what I want to see on my new BB.
    My GF has a curve with the normal screen protector, for around 6 months and it still looks like when I put it on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 07:51 PM
    I'd try PhantomSkinz or InvisibleSHIELD. BSE is worth a try when they release one for the Tour.
    07-23-09 07:53 PM
    it will protect it from scratches like its supposed to do but honestly i dont think it looks good. get a better quality one. i never buy accessories from verizon
    07-23-09 08:06 PM
    Any comments on Invisible Shield by ZAGG? I have one, but the whole water / squeegee thing is alittle intimidating. It just seems like there are too many things that can go terribly wrong and it will look like crap.I dont want to screw it up. I guess it allows you to dip it back in the water and start over.
    07-23-09 08:59 PM
    I am on my second VZW privacy protector, the first one got kind bent and I wanted to replace it right away. I'm just waiting on my Invisible Shield to arrive. I would go with Phantom Skinz but I don't want to install it and there is an invisible shield cart in the mall that will do installations.
    07-23-09 09:05 PM
    I had this on my Curve before I got the Tour. I dropped my Curve screen up! It dented the screen protector, but when I peeled it off some time later, there was no dents, no chips, no scratches on my screen whatsoever. I'd had it on the screen since I bought the Curve. It works perfect because it's a thick screen protector.

I put it back on the Tour's screen. I am very happy with it.
    07-23-09 09:07 PM
    I have had the privacy protector on since day one and I love it!!!
    07-23-09 09:17 PM
    Any comments on Invisible Shield by ZAGG? I have one, but the whole water / squeegee thing is alittle intimidating. It just seems like there are too many things that can go terribly wrong and it will look like crap.I dont want to screw it up. I guess it allows you to dip it back in the water and start over.

I use and love all their products. I'm really hard on phones. They have held up for me and my 8330 looks like new. Waiting for them to come in so I can install them on my new tour before using
    07-23-09 09:30 PM
    I have an InvisibleSHIELD on my Tour screen. I'm waiting for BSE's skin for the Tour. The full body IS is too tacky (sticky) for my liking.
    07-23-09 09:56 PM
    I got the Tour the day it came out and the VZW store only had the privacy protector. So guess what I got, it is decent for privacy but using the holster that comes with the Tour and simply just putting it in my pocket, it has gotten really scratched. Its not noticeable when the BB is on but really noticeable when the phone is off. Not what I want to see on my new BB.
    My GF has a curve with the normal screen protector, for around 6 months and it still looks like when I put it on.

gotta agree... it's a pretty thick protector and it does the privacy job well, but scratches really easily. Mine also looks pretty scratched (fine scratches) just from using the holster. Also, it takes away a LOT from the quality of the screen. you see the diagonal lines that make up the privacy protector, which is a shame considering how nice a screen it actually is underneath. I'm going to keep it on until they come out with something different at my local store.
    07-23-09 10:00 PM
    I had a PhantomSkinz on my Tour, I liked it a lot and so did a lot of other people. It's actually going to be one of the options that we give to our users at my company to have or an OtterBox. Its clear, not sticky, etc so it'll save the device greatly.
    yes it will but it scratches easily, i use mine on top of a screen protector and replace the privacy every 6 months or so which at that time it looks so crappy from scratches you will want to
    Had a privacy protector on for a couple days before ditching it. Wanted it to keep the screen from getting scratched but it scratched so easily it started looking terrible. Plus as also mentioned it really takes away from the screen quality. The diagonal lines annoyed me after a while.
    07-23-09 10:03 PM
    Will the privacy screen protector from Verizon provide me with good protection against scratches?
    I picked one up from Verizon today and took it off about a half hour later.

It kills the beauty of the screen. Totaly kills the brightness and clarity level.

I would highly suggest finding ANYTHING but the privacy screen.
    07-23-09 10:11 PM
    Am I the only who kept the screen protector that came with the phone in the box? I just left it on because it looks good and protects the screen and it's already perfectly fitted on the phone.

07-23-09 10:12 PM
    My Tour didn't come with a screen protector...
    07-23-09 10:19 PM
    Am I the only who kept the screen protector that came with the phone in the box?
    Mine scratched the plastic that came on the phone in the few days I was waiting for my IS.
    07-23-09 11:07 PM
    I left mine on for a little while, then took it off, kept getting annoyed by the sound of that little extra flap of pull-tab getting caught on the holster when I put it in. Luckily like two days later my PhantomSkinz showed up at the door!
    07-23-09 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD