I've had a Tour since July and have returned several due to various reasons. VZW is giving me the opportunity to try something different if I so choose. Do I go with another Tour? I've never had a touchscreen device. Actually, I've only had BB's since 2004. The Tour imo kinda bored me. what do you guys think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 04:16 PM
    I had the same issue, so I went to the Storm2. Honestly, the Storm2 is sick. I love it.

As for what is best for you, it's hard to say which would benefit you. Best thing to do is to head to the local Verizon store and play with some devices. Many have left for the DROID and come back. The Palm phones are coming to Verizon on the 25th, so that may be worth the wait if WebOS interests you.

Sorry that I didn't give you an exact answer, but it has to come from you, as you are the one who has to use it for the next 2 years. (By switching devices or getting a brand new Tour, itll affect your upgrade date, beware of that, Verizon doesn't always remember to say it.)
    01-23-10 04:22 PM
    Well, I just recently got the 8900, just like the Tour. I am a little scared about the trackball though- and I was just recently at the Verizon store. All working phones, and I absolutely love the Storm2!! Its amazing. I say STORM2!!!!
    01-23-10 04:32 PM
    I have the Storm 2... I own a business and use it all day long... I use all applications like the calendar, task, e-mail, text, web browser, and many other functions and added apps.

Here is my issue... I've had the S2 for 2-3 months... I miss the track ball and I am so over the typing on the S2. So, imo... Trust your instincts and think long term...

I have had 5-7 differents BB's the Bold 9000 is my all time fav!!! Problem there... AT&T.

I use speed dial ALL THE TIME... The S1 and 2 only give you 9 speed dials. Hate that too...

Pictures, video, and reading e-mails with the storm STELLAR!!!

Sorry... I am all over the place.

CRACKBERRY... "I have a problem...I am a bb addict" Someone send for help!!

Haha!
    01-23-10 04:52 PM
    Storm 2 does seem like it would kick ***! Trouble with the storm is that the Blackberry OS, I think, is what bores me about the Tour. I feel like the Storm is just a re-tooled for touch OS. The new Droid stuff looks really cool and the VZW Palm DEFINITELY looks awesome!
    01-23-10 05:07 PM
    I have the Storm 2... I own a business and use it all day long... I use all applications like the calendar, task, e-mail, text, web browser, and many other functions and added apps.

Here is my issue... I've had the S2 for 2-3 months... I miss the track ball and I am so over the typing on the S2. So, imo... Trust your instincts and think long term...
    Yeah, that's my biggest concern about going over to a touchscreen. The typing!! At one time, I had an ipod Touch that I used around the house to browse the web, but would never use the email function because typing was kind've a b***h! On the other hand, most of the folks at my work have Storm's on the BES and seem to do just fine... a dilemma for sure! lol
    01-23-10 05:12 PM
    Just a word of warning about the Storm - I had the original Storm and if you have prominent cheekbones, you may have the same difficulty I did with your cheekbone inadvertently muting a call in progress or even ending a call. It was VERY annoying and happened with almost every call I made - the slightest pressure of the phone against my face would press the buttons on the touchscreen. That's why I gave up and got the Tour, which I absolutely love!! Just a thought -
    01-23-10 06:46 PM
    I could never go back into a storm again after owning one. the QWERTY Blackberrys are extreamly good and extreamly easy to navigate which also adds a lot of shortcuts which the storm cant do good.

for me, qwerty is the way to go
    01-23-10 09:08 PM
    Give the S2 a try!
    01-23-10 09:26 PM
    I did have to replace my tour once and honestly, there haven't been any more issues. I prefer qwerty over touchscreen Make your choice very carefully because this will be the last time Verizon will allow you to do this
    01-24-10 12:13 AM
    i say storm 2
    01-24-10 03:55 AM
    I say try the storm 2 if they allow you the 30 day satisfaction guarantee, if not you may get stuck with an S2 that you don't like the style of typing on. If you know someone who has one, go ahead and play with theirs for a bit and decide if you like it
    01-24-10 09:01 AM
    I'm going to find out if I get the 30 days and try it out for awhile. If so, I can always jump back to the Tour if things don't work out with the S2

01-24-10 10:42 AM
    Wait 'til the Tour 2 drops with Wi-Fi and the trackpad. I'm either going that route or possibly waiting to see if the iPhone 4.0 comes to Verizon in the upcoming months.
    01-24-10 11:05 AM
    I think the biggest thing to look at (and I would do this in store) is to see how well you really like a non-BB phone. I switched to the Droid and came back after 2 weeks. The Droid did a lot of fun stuff, but that novelty wore off fast. Sure, its funny to find an app that allows me to write stuff on a steamy window, but its not something I used often enough to find that fun.
    01-24-10 11:50 AM
    I've had Blackberry's for so long and usually a new theme or beta OS gets my bb addiction rejuvenated... I think it's the OS that bores me so much. My wife's Sprint contract comes up next month and she is due for an upgrade. I found myself recommending other phones, non-BB for the first time in many years!

01-24-10 12:30 PM
    I'm going to find out if I get the 30 days and try it out for awhile. If so, I can always jump back to the Tour if things don't work out with the S2

Watch yourself!!! My GF is going thru the same exact dilemma as we type and the salesman at VZW told her yesterday that if she switches to the S-2 from the Tour she can't go back. Everyone she asks about the switch tells her to keep the Tour.She's torn cuz she wants the newest,most recent BBerry we just got our Tours 2days ago and she feels as if she bought an "old" BBerry. I love my Tour!!! The only othr I would even consider is the Bold 9700 and that's not an option. It is a very drastic change so if I were you I would try it out for an hour or so.Do you know anyone that owns one that would let you play for a while so you can make some calls and texts? It def looks like a sweet device but when my GF was playing with it last nite she was all over the place!LOL!!! Good luck with your choice.
    01-24-10 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD