Pre, New Android, BlackBerry Phones on Verizon - News and Analysis by PC Magazine
    Lowell Discussed the blackberry tour "McAdam expanded on some of the device announcements. The BlackBerry Tour is "an up-scale of any of the QWERTY devices" from Research in Motion"
    05-29-09 09:25 AM
    we don't need an official announcement, but i certainly WANT one and soon. i want to see a Tour with vzw branding also.
    05-29-09 09:36 AM
    Nice. I like how he slammed AT&T and the low cost unlimited carriers.
    05-29-09 09:39 AM
    I've seen Lowell lay the hammer down on a store manager before. He is an intimidating dude.

The android phone will be an LG.
    05-29-09 09:44 AM
    I've seen Lowell lay the hammer down on a store manager before. He is an intimidating dude.

The android phone will be an LG.
    i thought the android phone was the motorola calgary? what i want to know is what phones he was referring to when he said vzw/vodafone would be working on devices together.
    05-29-09 09:48 AM
    i thought the android phone was the motorola calgary? what i want to know is what phones he was referring to when he said vzw/vodafone would be working on devices together.
    that i havent heard about til I read the article. I dont know if it is just more phones that are gsm capable or what?

LG rep confirmed the android phone.
    05-29-09 09:53 AM
    I hope the CEO of Verizon bringing up the Tour is sufficient enough for everyone. That's pretty much Official.
    05-29-09 10:09 AM
    I hope the CEO of Verizon bringing up the Tour is sufficient enough for everyone. That's pretty much Official.
    that's official enough for me. i still want to see one with verizon branding though.
    05-29-09 10:17 AM
    We finally know that the device exists! Now all we need is pictures...
    05-29-09 10:21 AM
    we always knew that it was an official device thanks to you buddy! ... but its nice to hear them publicly speak of the device. Hopefully the marketing team at vzw gets the ball rolling to get this phone out already. My annual upgrade has been available since feb and im not a very patient person! i need a new phone.. 8330 is great, but its very last year.. haha
    05-29-09 11:08 AM
    I don't knowww...my local store reps still claim they have never heard of it
    05-29-09 11:26 AM
    we always knew that it was an official device thanks to you buddy! ... but its nice to hear them publicly speak of the device. Hopefully the marketing team at vzw gets the ball rolling to get this phone out already. My annual upgrade has been available since feb and im not a very patient person! i need a new phone.. 8330 is great, but its very last year.. haha
    Oh yeah, they definitely will my friend. Definitely. This is a big step up for hundreds of thousands of corporate Verizon users. The 9630 will most certainly get it's fair share of the spotlight.
    05-29-09 11:28 AM
    Now we only need to hear an official date. If the announcement comes before June 12 im taking my 8330 back and waiting for the Tour
    05-29-09 11:28 AM
    Oh yeah, they definitely will my friend. Definitely. This is a big step up for hundreds of thousands of corporate Verizon users. The 9630 will most certainly get it's fair share of the spotlight.
    Fair share of the spotlight meaning there will be a major marketing campaign for the phone?
    05-29-09 11:29 AM
    Fair share of the spotlight meaning there will be a major marketing campaign for the phone?
    oh definitely this is a top notch business device. its verizons "bold" it will be quite a big deal. im getting it the day it comes out. only going to do a 1yr contract though. im tired if being locked to one carrier.. rather pay 100-200 more knowing i could leave earlier if i wish. just incase att gets better devices this time next year..
    05-29-09 11:54 AM
    oh definitely this is a top notch business device. its verizons "bold" it will be quite a big deal. im getting it the day it comes out. only going to do a 1yr contract though. im tired if being locked to one carrier.. rather pay 100-200 more knowing i could leave earlier if i wish. just incase att gets better devices this time next year..
    Yep, this is just as big a deal as the 9000 was for GSM carriers. It is launching in Canada first, but will still get plenty of airtime in the states.
    05-29-09 11:56 AM
    Yep, this is just as big a deal as the 9000 was for GSM carriers. It is launching in Canada first, but will still get plenty of airtime in the states.
    I'm gonna guess we'll see it by that June 22nd date in Canada. Then July will roll around and I'll be digging through my account for an upgrade!
    05-29-09 11:58 AM
    well thats official enough for me as a announcement he mentioned it thats all that matters
    05-29-09 02:12 PM
    around mid june a full official release date will be annouced. id keep our eye around the 29th
    Last edited by xplode; 05-29-09 at 04:24 PM.
    05-29-09 04:14 PM
    around mid june a full official release date will be annouced. id keep our eye around the 28th

ahahh hmmmmm

june 28th announcement or release jeeez more speculation I tell you more speculation

I want this thing so bad.
    05-29-09 04:16 PM
    lol... im impatient as well.
    05-29-09 04:30 PM
    lol... im impatient as well.

well Im taking your comment as you may be in the know.. ha
    05-29-09 04:46 PM
    CX, you think this is coming out in Canada first? That's good news because I'm on TELUS. Do you know if it's launching on Bell or Telus first?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 05:05 PM
    CX, you think this is coming out in Canada first? That's good news because I'm on TELUS. Do you know if it's launching on Bell or Telus first?

canada will definitely get it first... Boo vzw boo...
    05-29-09 05:51 PM

Canada first. Telus is June 22nd as of right now. STC.
    05-29-09 07:14 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD