I have a Blackberry Tour with the new 5.0 from VZW on it. I want to reset the phone to the factory out of the box settings. I can't figure out how to do it. I found the instructions for the 4.7 OS but the steps are not the same. I don't want to use BBSak or anything. There has to be a way just using the phone, right? Please Help.

Thank You
    05-08-10 09:45 AM
    Options / Security Options / General Settings / Menu /Wipe Handheld will remove all your personal data from the device. IT can optionally remove 3rd party apps. It won't affect your media card or OS. Wiping with BBSAK or CrackUtil or JL_Cmdr will remove your OS from the phone. That will also remove 3rd party apps. Those utilities don't affect your media card. There isn't a function that will take your phone back to factory out of the box configuration in one operation.
    05-08-10 11:10 AM
    Thats the problem i'm having. With the 5.0 from VZW there is no "general settings" under security options. Nothing about wiping when I press menu either. The only wipe options i've found is for media stuff and 3rd party apps, nothing about a complete wipe.
    05-08-10 11:19 AM
    Options Icon
    Security Options
    Security Wipe
    Check all boxes, enter BlackBerry

It's on the bottom of the Security Options list.

Options Icon

Security Options

Security Wipe

Check all boxes, enter BlackBerry

05-08-10 11:22 AM
    I go there and all thats there is "emails, contacts, etc" and "user installed apps" . . . nothing about factory settings. I want to reset everything, like it just came out of the box, ring tones, all settings, everything . .
    05-08-10 11:24 AM
    Doing what Jeff and i posted above will reset your Tour to out of the box conditions. Just make sure to check all boxes. What OS are you running specifically?

To do a complete wipe of all device data and OS:

BBSAK discussion thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bbs...5-09-a-346247/

Link to BBSAK
    RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0

How to use BBSAK Videos

05-08-10 11:35 AM
    I'm running the official VZW 5.0.0.591
    05-08-10 11:42 AM
    As I said above, there isn't a "Reset to Factory" option. To do that takes more than one step. You can remove your data and 3rd party apps. If you have upgraded your OS, then you have to manually roll it back to the factory version.
    05-08-10 12:01 PM
    i have the same problem... i follow the steps you outline, chrisy, but my phone locks up everytime. it's like it refuses. the first time i tried it i was on a trip... my phone's battery died before it unfroze. i then plugged it in via the car charger, it went thru the reset steps, and it "said" it had wiped. i turned my phone on and all it had deleted were my emails and settings, my memory card, and restored everything to the default. my apps and themes stayed, which is what i was trying to delete in the first place.

is the only option really a third-party software? that seems kind of... pathetic /:
    07-20-10 04:57 PM
    i just used the steps i posted above yesterday to wipe my Tour. It took about 25 minutes to wipe. Be patient. When it re booted ALL data was wiped, including apps, contacts...everything back to factory setting. You'll see the hourglass on and off during the wiping process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD