Does anyone know how to change the ringtone for voicemail on the TOUR?? I searched the forum but could not find anything on this.

Thanks
    07-14-09 12:56 PM
    Anyone?? Anyone??
    07-14-09 09:34 PM
    darn good question, I have changed mine but I don't know how I did it?? My voicemail tone is a transformers tone...I will keep playing.
    07-14-09 09:37 PM
    Your VM tones is the same as your SMS tone. Change that to have a different one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 09:41 PM
    They don't separate, either, FYI.

07-14-09 09:43 PM
    They don't separate, either, FYI.

that doesnt make sence. you should be able too, I was able to do that with the storm, and we should be able to do that with the Tour, no?

i cant find out how the heck you change the facebook notification either!
    07-14-09 09:52 PM
    LOL this was such a confusing question to me. I now understand that you're looking to change your Voicemail alert tone, not a "ringtone".

You're not able to do it in Profiles?
    07-14-09 09:54 PM
    LOL this was such a confusing question to me. I now understand that you're looking to change your Voicemail alert tone, not a "ringtone".

You're not able to do it in Profiles?
    im trying to find it as well... not there...interesting
    07-14-09 09:55 PM
    thanks for clearing this up for me!!
    07-15-09 02:24 PM
    On my first tour, I was able to create a separate tone for my sms and my voicemail. On my second Tour, I have forgotten how I did it.
    07-28-09 09:17 AM
    The voicemail alert tone is the same as your SMS alert tone. They cannot be changed separately. It was like this on the Storm as well...
    Yes they can be changed separately.
    1. Add an entry in your contacts for yourself with your own number.
    2. Assign whatever you want for your voicemail alert as a Custom Ring Tone/Alert for Messages to that entry.

When you get the SMS that you have a voicemail, it will alert you with that custom tone.
    Last edited by Smuuth; 07-28-09 at 10:51 AM.
    07-28-09 10:49 AM
    i cant find out how the heck you change the facebook notification either!
    Ok - I had this question too... I changed the default SMS alert from what I had it on originally (a tone I decided I wanted to use for texts from a specific person). I want texts from this person to wake me up if I'm asleep, & the tone I've chosen is the best one to do that.

However, both my voicemail & SOME Facebook friends' comments still come through as the original alert tone. I've gone everywhere I can think of (even under the Facebook setting under "Other" in Ringtones/Alerts) and set everything to silent except SMS & MMS texts. And I've changed the default SMS/MMS alert tone to a couple of different ones with the same result. Most of the Facebook updates don't sound an alert, but some do, and it's the original alert tone, not the current default tone. Any ideas on how to change this?

I'll try the suggestion for voicemail about making an entry for myself, but what about the Facebook ones?

Thanks!
    09-04-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD