I'm trying to stop Verizon from sending me a text message each time I get a voicemail. I'm sure it's been discussed but I'm having trouble finding the fix. I disabled it on my Storm so I'm pretty sure it's possible on the Tour.

Thanks in advance.
    07-16-09 02:37 AM
    I'm trying to stop Verizon from sending me a text message each time I get a voicemail. I'm sure it's been discussed but I'm having trouble finding the fix. I disabled it on my Storm so I'm pretty sure it's possible on the Tour.

Thanks in advance.
    I don't ever recall a way to disable the vm notifY in msgs inbox. I may be wrong though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 03:18 AM
    Wow that has to be annoying. There must be a way to turn it off. If nothing else just give them a call.
    07-16-09 05:46 AM
    When I had my 8320 w/ Tmo I never experienced that but as soon as I switched with Sprint, I had the same thing happen with both my curve and my Tour. Hopefully somone will post an answer to this becuase like you said, its very annoying!

07-16-09 06:58 AM
    I don't think it's necessarily an annoyance, but I also think you should be able to disable it but that is not an option that I am aware exists. One possibility would be to subscribe to VVM. Downloading the actual VM message into a text format may eliminate the extra notification.
    07-16-09 07:01 AM
    it's pretty annoying that i get a call notification in my messages box, a voicemail notification in my SMS box, a missed call notification, AND a voicemail icon, for one call
    07-16-09 09:14 AM
    I would also like to know if there is a way to change this. I know it's not specific to the Tour, as I had the same issue with my Pearl and Curve.

I can, however, tell you how to turn off the missed call notification...

Hit the green phone button like you're going to make a call
    Hit the Blackberry button
    Click on Options
    Click on Call Logging
    Select None

Now you will no longer get the missed call icon AND a message every time you miss a call.
    07-16-09 01:26 PM
    youmail.com
    its is a voicemail replacement, with a FREE visual voice mail app, and you can control how and if you get alerted that you have a voice mail. not to mention the customizable greetings and the ability to not let certain people call you or leave a voice mail
    07-16-09 02:04 PM
    press your green button

menu->options-> call logging.
    07-16-09 02:06 PM
    I don't believe that can be turned off. My Curve does the same thing as well.
    07-16-09 03:20 PM
    For those of us without visual voicemail, I think its a cool little feature since it tells you who left the voicemail. I have a 8350i for work, and it doesn't do it on that phone.

Out of curiosity, is this a free txt msg from Verizon, or does it count against your plan?

07-16-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD