I was soo used to using voice sms with others in my sprint/nextel community. I have a new BB Tour and is my first intro to SmartPhones. Is there an app or download i can use or something that will enable using voice SMS feature again? I am not tech savvy. Please help!
    04-07-10 08:29 PM
    Voice SMS? I'm unfamiliar with that term.

My closest guess is to create a voice note and send it over as a MMS.

Alternatively, VZW has just come out with PTT. You can use that with others who have the feature as well.
    04-07-10 11:33 PM
    yes, sprint has a feature called Voice SMS. It is, in essence, an MMS that has been renamed to have more appeal. Sawedust is correct, go to your voice recorder and create a new voice note and MMS it that way, or if you have BBM with the contact, send a Voice Note right from the BBM chat Menu.
    04-08-10 12:12 AM
    Thank you both for you answers. However, sending it that way basically is received as a picture mail on a receivers non blackberry phone, instead as being received directly as a voice sms. Also it can only be heard on speaker, rather than through the earpiece. Seems that voice sms works on all other sprint phones, except blackberries. I can receive voice sms, but instead of just pushing play and listening, I have to call a california number to retrieve it. It's possible there is no solution, but curious if any one has ideas. Thanks in advance.
    04-12-10 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD