Hi all, I did some searching but can't find any threads related to viewing files offline (that you can save from your browser and view when not connected). The reason I am wondering is because I want to start using Continental Airlines' Paperless Boarding Pass program and they say under the instructions that you should know how to save a file and view it offline. I know that you may be able to get good service in airports, but you can't take any chances. I do not want have waited in security for a 1/2 hour and then get up to next in line and discover that I can't seem to get a signal...it would be disaster! So if anyone could help me on how to do that it would be great. A few things that I know are that: the agent has to actually scan your bar code on the screen and that it needs to be fully visible and large enough. Thanks if anyone can help me!
    07-29-09 05:05 PM
    Anyone know how to?
    07-29-09 07:16 PM
    No one out there has a clue?
    07-29-09 10:43 PM
    Am I speaking english? I know there are plenty of experts out there....
    07-30-09 12:23 AM
    You can view html files offline. That is how I have my 8830's Homepage setup - an html file I created and store on my SD card.

I did not "save" the file from an online site but created it on my computer and placed it on the sd card. So I'm not sure how to save a page to the card from the BB's browser.

The way to reference such a file (turning on my bb and seeing if I can find the reference.....) without the quotes:

"file///SDCard/Blackberry.html"

So, if you can save the file your's might be something like

"file///SDCard/BoardingPass.html"

If internal memory, you might just drop the "SDCard" part but I have not tried that.

PS: I had thought of doing this for my recent trip to Europe but NW airlines would not process my pass - probably since it was a out-of-country flight and you need to be seen with passport. And like you, I was worried about trying it the first time anyway when I logged on to even try it.
    Last edited by F2; 07-30-09 at 08:24 AM.
    07-30-09 08:21 AM
    You can view html files offline. That is how I have my 8830's Homepage setup - an html file I created and store on my SD card.

I did not "save" the file from an online site but created it on my computer and placed it on the sd card. So I'm not sure how to save a page to the card from the BB's browser.

The way to reference such a file (turning on my bb and seeing if I can find the reference.....) without the quotes:

"file///SDCard/Blackberry.html"

So, if you can save the file your's might be something like

"file///SDCard/BoardingPass.html"

If internal memory, you might just drop the "SDCard" part but I have not tried that.

PS: I had thought of doing this for my recent trip to Europe but NW airlines would not process my pass - probably since it was a out-of-country flight and you need to be seen with passport. And like you, I was worried about trying it the first time anyway when I logged on to even try it.
    Thanks! I will give this a try and see how it goes....thanks for the help!!
    07-30-09 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD