When I go to get images, I get this, "Downloading Internet images can expose your address"

Expose it to who? I don't get it.
    09-19-10 01:13 AM
    Theoretically, whoever sent the email, since they may need to include that information when they send a request to the server the link was on to authenticate that you have permission to view those images. That was always my theory at least...
    09-19-10 01:51 AM
    Theoretically, whoever sent the email, since they may need to include that information when they send a request to the server the link was on to authenticate that you have permission to view those images. That was always my theory at least...
    Makes sense. So I guess it's alright to view them then.
    09-19-10 01:55 AM
    Makes sense. So I guess it's alright to view them then.
    Arrrrrrgh! As long as the emails be from sites ye be expecting/recognize, I would be thinking so, matey.

(Don't be holding me responsible, for 'tis talk like a pirate day...)
    09-19-10 04:09 AM
    Arrrrrrgh! As long as the emails be from sites ye be expecting/recognize, I would be thinking so, matey.

(Don't be holding me responsible, for 'tis talk like a pirate day...)
    Well o' course me matey. Amazon, Google, and all t' other shops.
    09-19-10 04:30 AM
    Yeah, and I wouldnt see this a problem because you probably arent opening pictures from people you dont know. Unless you are, in which case you are probably doing worse things than exposing your email address.
    09-22-10 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD