What are the best video settings to convert my movies to watch on the Tour? Thank you!
    07-21-09 09:49 PM
    Try using www.real.com it converts to many formats and chooses what's best for each device. I use it and don't have any problems.
    07-21-09 09:54 PM
    MPEG4 video + MP3 audio >> AVI container
    480x270 for 16:9
    480x360 for 4:3
    07-21-09 09:54 PM
    Xilisoft Video Converter. Drag and drop and it will take care of the widescreen to 4:3 if needed. You can set it to letterbox for that case or go full screen (crop). Best settings.
    Video
    MP4
    480x360
    Bit rate - 1200
    Frames - 30

Audio
    Bitrate - 128
    Sample rate - 44100
    Channels - 2 (stereo)

in xilisoft you can also increase the audio if needed and choose the video and quality settings. I use highest on both.
    07-21-09 11:18 PM
    Xilisoft Video Converter. Drag and drop and it will take care of the widescreen to 4:3 if needed. You can set it to letterbox for that case or go full screen (crop). Best settings.
    Video
    MP4
    480x360
    Bit rate - 1200
    Frames - 30

Audio
    Bitrate - 128
    Sample rate - 44100
    Channels - 2 (stereo)

in xilisoft you can also increase the audio if needed and choose the video and quality settings. I use highest on both.
    Ahh I was doing the right format and size but I was using 25 fps instead of 30 . In case anyone wanted to know I found a great free program with a google search that converts everything from video to music it's called Format Factory. I appreciate the help everyone I had a hard time finding this information
    07-22-09 01:11 PM
    I used 25fps since that's what the source was, and it worked fine.
    07-22-09 06:20 PM
    Does anyone know what settings Roxio uses? I know the copy that comes on the CD will convert the video file on the fly, just don't know if it uses optimal settings. I do know the videos I converted for my 8830 using Roxio work fine and look great...
    07-22-09 07:13 PM
    MediaCoder is also decent for conversion, and DVD Shrink is good for ripping/saving. I think my Storm settings @ 360x480 were saved and still look good on here even though not optimized for this screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 07:35 PM
    +1 on Mediacoder, but DvdShrink doesn't do well with copy-protected DVDs from Sony/Disney studios.

07-22-09 07:40 PM
    +1 on Mediacoder, but DvdShrink doesn't do well with copy-protected DVDs from Sony/Disney studios.

Agreed on the DVD Shrink copy-protected DVDs...in that case I usually turn to torrents lol

07-22-09 07:42 PM
    Well. I did it the way it was recommended. I got video errors, blocks all over the videos bad. I did it another way and the sound will go away sometimes, another and the screen flickers a bit. I think there might be a bug in the bb video player because it can't be that it's not powerful enough for these videos. I can't seem to find a setting that plays perfectly.
    07-23-09 11:11 PM
    Well. I did it the way it was recommended. I got video errors, blocks all over the videos bad. I did it another way and the sound will go away sometimes, another and the screen flickers a bit. I think there might be a bug in the bb video player because it can't be that it's not powerful enough for these videos. I can't seem to find a setting that plays perfectly.
    I use Real Player SP Plus and have checked out at Max settings

---Video Settings---
    Format: RealPlayer Plus h.264
    Quality: 1.5Mbps
    Resolution: 480 x 320

---Audio Settings---
    Format: AAC
    Quality: 128kbps
    07-23-09 11:46 PM
    Check out SUPER encoder, it's free and loaded with options
    07-23-09 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD