Well, I've been running 5.0 OS's for months, and I'm not sure exactly when this problem happened, but my video camera stopped recording sound. Speaker phone and the voice notes recorder work fine.

I wiped the phone, formatted the SD card, and went back to the 4.7.1.65 os.

I've still got no sound. Is there actually a different mic for the video camera than the speaker phone and the voice notes recorder?

I've pulled the files onto my computer to verify that there is absolutely no sound.

Any ideas?
    01-25-10 05:08 PM
    Looks like since you have done all this, the device might need to be replaced.
    01-25-10 05:19 PM
    i have the same problem with my tour! its software? or is this a problem that the device has? i hate it. so far i hate my tour
    01-25-10 09:50 PM
    Craz:

I generally think the Tour is pretty darn good but it or any device can have its problems. Are you running the original OS? Does the voice recorder work? Can you normally switch between handset and speaker phone?
    01-25-10 11:33 PM
    Looks like since you have done all this, the device might need to be replaced.
    Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to be able to happen because of warranty issues.

Anyone know if there is multiple microphones in the tour? Everything else functions except the video camera sound.
    01-26-10 01:28 PM
    I have the same problem but inly started noticing it after whiting out my Tour. This obviously required disassembly and I think I may have borked something while I was in there. Everythings else works perfect. Speaker, regular microphone, camera, all work fine just no audio in video recording.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 03:16 PM
    *bump*

does anyone have an update on this? I suppose my Tour is still under warranty but it's really just more annoying that this is an issue. I can't believe that it is anything other than software, as others, the mic (sound recorder) works fine and it records video fine... but the software has been updated numerous times since I got it with 4.6.whatever on it...
    03-08-10 01:47 PM
    I had this same issue some time back and found out that it happened after I took the tour apart to replace the bezel, idk exactly what it was that I did when putting back together but I opened it and took another look...everything looked ok so i put it back together and it was fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD