So I have had my BB Tour for about 33 days now. Its never been dropped and has no water damage or anything on it. The vibration on it just randomly started making this loud noise like its lose in the phone or something. Verizon wants to give me a refurbished phone but I really don't want to take a chance at getting a phone that is messed up since I have gotten messed up refurbished phones from them before. Does anyone have any ideas to fix this problem or should I just take the refurbished one?

Thanks
    Zack
    09-04-09 04:10 PM
    Depending on the store and the person you talk to, sometimes Verizon will do a return/exchange in store for you even if your 30 days is up. A buddy of mine talked them into exchanging his device for a new one on day 37. Since you're only 3 days out, it might be worth a shot.
    09-04-09 04:13 PM
    Yeah I called 2 different stores and they said they would replace it with a new one, but then i went to one of the stores and they said they have to order a refurbished one. I'm gonna check out the other store tomorrow I guess. It just pisses me off to spend that much on a phone and it mess up on its own and they want to give you a used one.
    09-04-09 04:15 PM
    I'm on my 3rd Tour. CS said that if this one doesn't work out for me that they'd send me a brand new/not refurbished one. Ugh! Why don't they just send me the new one?!?!? Lol.
    09-04-09 04:22 PM
    lol. im just glad my phone isn't as bad as my friends storm that freezes all the time
    09-04-09 04:31 PM
    ....The vibration on it just randomly started making this loud noise like its lose in the phone or something. Verizon wants to give me a refurbished phone but I really don't want to take a chance at getting a phone that is messed up since I have gotten messed up refurbished phones from them before.
    Does Verizon have repair centers? If you really think it sounds like the little motor has dislodged itself, might you consider having a Tech open the phone, inspect and secure it? I've avoided the hassle of refurbished phones like this in the past.
    09-04-09 04:39 PM
    well all of the Verizon stores around where I live just replace the phones as far as I know. The techs in there don't seem very smart. I took my phone in there and let the guy here the problem and he didnt even check the phone for water damage or anything before saying he would order a refurbished phone for me. I don't think I'll be going back to that store again.
    09-04-09 05:05 PM
    See if you can locate a Verizon repair center. Even if you have to drive a little distance, it may prove to be worth it.
    09-04-09 05:50 PM
    alright thanks
    09-04-09 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD