Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default very odd symbol

There is a new symbol on my phone, I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to figure out what the **** it is...

I made a picture of what it looks like.... it's driving me crazy, this one symbol... always on my screen all the time what does it mean and how do I remove it.

CrackBerry Newbie

uh.. .voicemail? maybe?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

wow... that doesn't look anything like a normal voicemail symbol... I'm so used to the LG blue speaker voicemail symbol... that looks like a phone to me.... crazy

thank you
    CrackBerry Newbie

i have youmail so mine doesn't look like that either.. so i was just guessing.. haha
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    T of Guiness Please!!

it IS the voicemail icon
    BB 9630 running 50v7.11 hybrid by Irtehun .... got it from wwwDOTbbhybridsDOTnet
    Click here for Tour & S1 leaks/hybrid downloads!! http://www.sendspace.com/folder/w1km92
    How To: Upgrade an OS: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    How To: Install hybrid OS: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/tour-hybrid-273397
    CrackBerry User

Yeah. That looks like what could be a voicemail icon/symbol. Two reals and the tape that connects them...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

they should have a face, or a mouth over top off a piece of mail, voice mail... makes sense. though I guess the two reals of tape is reminiscent of old style tape voice mail recorders... back when they called them answering machines... before we started this centralized craze thanks for the help.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

I think its supposed to remind you of a tape recording, or even reel to reel tape. Lots of people probablly aren't old enough to remmber anything tape anymore.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

It really is too bad. My kids have almost no idea what a vhs tape is. As for cassette... I don't think they have ever seen one. I should go find an old 8 track or betamax. Or a laser disc for them to see

CrackBerry Addict

Yup voice mail icon. I had that to. I listen to my voice mail and then it was gone