Hey everybody,

Just got my Blackberry Tour last Friday and I started to noticed a fade vertical stripes lines on the top of the screen similar to macbook pro example of macbook pro vertical stripes and now look at mine blackberry tour...

Should I get a replacement? The brightness setting is at 10% and auto dim is on.

Imageshack - dsc011212
    Imageshack - dsc011192
    Imageshack - dsc011202

Any help would be nice! So should I get a replacement? I am still under 30 days warranty.
    Last edited by samuels1289; 10-30-09 at 09:59 PM.
    10-30-09 09:54 PM
    if you want to get a replacement, go ahead, but thats normal from that angle(from my experience, anyhow).
    10-30-09 09:57 PM
    I think it's normal when you look at it straight, I mean it doesn't bother you, right? If it does bother you that much, go for it, get a replacement.
    10-30-09 10:08 PM
    I fail to see the problem...what you're suggesting as vertical lines is nothing more then the lights that actually light up the screen and from the angle which u stated was the issue just abt every newer BB does that from the Bold onward.
    10-30-09 10:15 PM
    I fail to see the problem...what you're suggesting as vertical lines is nothing more then the lights that actually light up the screen and from the angle which u stated was the issue just abt every newer BB does that from the Bold onward.
    Then can you take a picture of your BB from the angle?
    10-30-09 10:16 PM
    If you mean that moire pattern then you might want to exchange if it's present on all the screens. The light dots as indicated are present on all of the BBs...

I've had 3 Tours in as many weeks because of sticky buttons. Quality control seems lacking. I've got a few days left on my 30 day trial... I'm looking at the Storm2 now.
    10-30-09 10:38 PM
    thats how mine is

i wouldnt waste a replacement, i'm sure the next one you get will do the same thing
    10-30-09 10:39 PM
    okay, would somebody be willing to take a picture of their blackberry and prove it to me that it is normal.
    10-30-09 10:44 PM
    we dont have to prove anything to you.. whats the deal dude? a MOD told you its normal. what else do you want?
    10-30-09 10:46 PM
    Depends on his comfort zone, he would want to see real proof so that he would confirm it is normal after all.

I would understand that and would want to see that myself too
    10-30-09 10:54 PM
    Hi!

I've never posted here before, but I can tell you that my tour does the same thing. I never really noticed it until I read your post. From what I can tell, it's from the lights behind the screen, and only noticeable for me when I look at my tour screen from an angle. Even then I can see about 4-5 points of lights as the origin of the light.

I really think it's from the lights rather than a defect of any kind. Just as I had a difficult time seeing it on your pictures, I'm not sure that I could get a decent picture of it on my own screen.

Cheers,

Lorrix
    10-30-09 11:08 PM
    Depends on his comfort zone, he would want to see real proof so that he would confirm it is normal after all.

I would understand that and would want to see that myself too
    i'm not trying to fuel anyones OCD/comply with their demands.
    10-30-09 11:13 PM
    mine does the same thing, never woulda noticed if the OP hadn't pointed it out. But no, I'm not going to take a picture of it.
    10-31-09 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD