Just got off the phone, she is sending me a Refurb Tour, I asked if it had the trackball, she went back and looked for the option to replace it with a Bold and saw nothing. Does this mean they have the Tours in stock and i'm getting a Tour again? Or could that just have been the order form and they'll not have the actual phones in stock and send me a Bold instead?
    I will let you know tomorrow but I'm expecting a Tour but hoping a Bold comes heeh.
    07-01-10 09:43 PM
    ok so i called verizon today to have my tour replaced because of other issues i was having which were not trackball related.

They are sending me another refurb Tour, this is my 4th in a year.

Id like a bold but whatever as long as they send me a phone that works im not going to complain.......until next month when my warranty is up lol
    07-02-10 10:16 AM
    i couldn't find a good answer for this on a crackberry search and am wondering --

for those of you who have had the good fortune of exchanging your tour for a bold, do all of your apps/themes work properly on the 9650?
    07-02-10 03:16 PM
    Called for a bad trackball (can't scroll down on the first or second try...ever) - It was replaced with a Tour with a worse trackball. Didn't activate it, called, and they sent another replacement Tour. It had a gap between the chrome and the rubber side.

I took it into a Verizon store, and they have another one on the way - well, in 12 days when I get back from vacation.

I'm still using the same crappy-trackballed Tour I have been trying to replace since the beginning of June. - Started to look into replacing Verizon completely.

I figure I will return every phone I get and am not satisfied with as soon as I get it - The warranty is 90 days from delivery, right? (Or remaining 1 yr, whichever is longer?)
    07-02-10 04:32 PM
    usually the warranty lasts until 1 yr after purchase of your orginal device
    07-03-10 01:45 AM
    The warranty is 90 days from delivery, right? (Or remaining 1 yr, whichever is longer?)
    Correct, whichever is longer.
    07-03-10 09:08 AM
    I have gained about 2-3 weeks of extra warranty. I had a bit under 90 days left when the Bold replaced the Tour. Outstanding (G)
    07-03-10 09:20 AM
    Got the wifes 3rd tour in this week. The rep said tours were in stock still thus no bold. O well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 11:32 AM
    What if i bought a tour off of some one off of craigslist and the trackball is bad, do you think they would replace it? I really don't care if I get another tour or bold. I cracked the screen on my curve and just needed a new phone. So I bought one form cl.

thanks,

CJ
    07-03-10 07:29 PM
    I called up on Tuesday because my trackball had been malfunctioning for a week or so - they sent me a refurbished Tour, which arrived yesterday (Friday). Once I activated it and transferred everything over, I realized that the trackball on the refurbished phone did not work properly either - it sporadically sticks in one position until I jar it loose. So I called up again, and I have another refurbished Tour arriving on Thursday.

My question is, doesn't Verizon have a policy stating if your phone breaks for the same reason three times, they will upgrade you to a comparable model? I don't really care if they upgrade me to the Bold, I just want a working phone - but if they do have this policy, and the trackball on the next refurb goes (I have a suspicion that it will, since it seems to happen to all of these phones at some point), then wouldn't they have to send me a Bold?
    07-03-10 07:36 PM
    VZW had 2000+ Tours in stock yesterday.. Today they have over 10,000 in stock.

looks like you won't be getting the bold in place of the tour anytime soon.
    07-03-10 08:09 PM
    I called up on Tuesday because my trackball had been malfunctioning for a week or so - they sent me a refurbished Tour, which arrived yesterday (Friday). Once I activated it and transferred everything over, I realized that the trackball on the refurbished phone did not work properly either - it sporadically sticks in one position until I jar it loose. So I called up again, and I have another refurbished Tour arriving on Thursday.

My question is, doesn't Verizon have a policy stating if your phone breaks for the same reason three times, they will upgrade you to a comparable model? I don't really care if they upgrade me to the Bold, I just want a working phone - but if they do have this policy, and the trackball on the next refurb goes (I have a suspicion that it will, since it seems to happen to all of these phones at some point), then wouldn't they have to send me a Bold?
    The will send you a NIB tour if they have them (after the 3rd strike).
    07-03-10 08:10 PM
    VZW had 2000+ Tours in stock yesterday.. Today they have over 10,000 in stock.

looks like you won't be getting the bold in place of the tour anytime soon.
    How did they go down to ZERO and then suddenly up to 2,000 and then 10,000. Very interesting.
    07-03-10 09:46 PM

No. Just try getting a nice rep.
    The will send you a NIB tour if they have them (after the 3rd strike).
    NO NO NO! Someone hasn't kept up. In April they got rid of that policy. The rush of Bolds a couple weeks ago was just a fortunate sequence. If you can get a nice rep you can get a Bold, but good luck.
    How did they go down to ZERO and then suddenly up to 2,000 and then 10,000. Very interesting.
    When you go through phones out the bajoobers selling them left and right, you tend to do that.
    07-04-10 12:03 AM
    So has anyone been able to update to a Bold in the last
    few days or is the gravy train OVER ? I hope not !
    07-04-10 12:02 PM
    The bold is really that much of an upgrade anyways, ur not missing nothing. If it came with the OS 6, then I would jump ship. Other than that, I'm loving the tour.

07-04-10 02:11 PM
    the bold is an upgrade and it will supposidly
    take the 6.0 when its available. It does alot of
    important things that the Tour doesn't do
    07-04-10 07:44 PM
    VZW go their shipments from RIM that's how...
    07-04-10 11:12 PM
    They ran out of Bolds. Go figure. I almost had one because the referb I got Friday had a bad trackball and it went pfft tonight.
    07-05-10 03:50 AM
    Like what? Seriously think about it......

I'll help ya out. Trackpad, wifi, ????

Really don't need that much memory either.

07-05-10 11:53 AM
    What important things would that be? Wifi, good to have I guess but important? Maybe OS 6 upgradable, that might be good but important?

Please educate me.
    07-05-10 12:15 PM
    Doesn't matter if they have Tours in stock. I spoke to them yesterday and my tech support rep was very cool - searched until he found a warehouse with the Bolds in stock and sent me one of them instead of a Tour. It all depends on who you speak to.
    07-05-10 02:47 PM
    Doesn't matter if they have Tours in stock. I spoke to them yesterday and my tech support rep was very cool - searched until he found a warehouse with the Bolds in stock and sent me one of them instead of a Tour. It all depends on who you speak to.

Did you have to use your promotion (if you were up for one) to get the Bold?
    07-06-10 03:49 PM
    I just called Verizon and the guy told me that it was a small window where they did not have any Tours so they were giving people the Bold. Now they have plenty in stock so if you get a replacement it will be the Tour.
    07-06-10 04:19 PM
    Glad I called when I was told to, I like my Bold so much more than my Tour...
    07-06-10 04:38 PM
239 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD