I was researching the TOUR v. the BOLD and it seems like the bold is a DOWNGRADE from the tour? is this true? why would you want to replace your tour with a bold (other than the fact that the new tour comes with the trackpad instead of the ridiculous trackball)?

what are the main differences between the tour and the bold?
    That's some awesome researching there A google search or just doing a search on this site would be enough, but whatever: bold has 2x the amount of app memory, wifi, trackpad (no sticking trackball problems), faster processor and will likely run BB OS6 when it's released (can't say the same for the Tour).
    06-26-10 08:08 PM
    That's some awesome researching there A google search or just doing a search on this site would be enough, but whatever: bold has 2x the amount of app memory, wifi, trackpad (no sticking trackball problems), faster processor and will likely run BB OS6 when it's released (can't say the same for the Tour).
    Where did you get the info that the processor is faster on the Bold? I haven't heard that, everything I've read states it is the same as the Tour?
    06-26-10 10:38 PM
    If the insurance has the tour you will get the tour if they are out they have to send you a similiar device which in that case would be the bold.
    06-26-10 10:39 PM
    Getting bold emailed today receiving wed or thur at work. Called twice and trouble shot the first call. 2nd call went to tier two and the kind lady told me they were out of stock on the tour and she would send me a certified like new bold with camera. That was this morning at 6am on my way to work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 06:50 AM
    Lucky you! :P Called VZW on Sat cuz my tour keeps drooping reception constantly, got told a replacement tour will be here Tuesday.
    06-28-10 08:17 AM
    just called and gave them a sob story. She said they have plenty of tours in stock (refurb of course). I guess they come and go as people turn them back in.
    06-28-10 10:32 AM
    just called and gave them a sob story. She said they have plenty of tours in stock (refurb of course). I guess they come and go as people turn them back in.
    same thing......it all depends on your location and the stock facility of that location of where your replacement comes from.

VZW told me that a bit ago, there was no stock on the tour, so replacements were the bold.

I will know tomorrow.
    06-28-10 12:44 PM
    Nice upgrade
    06-28-10 12:46 PM
    Where are you located?
    06-28-10 01:43 PM
    my tour was just replaced on warranty with a refurb. :/
    06-28-10 07:51 PM
    Here is my story...On Saturday I called and told them I have a trackball problem, the lady says you are still under warranty so we will send a refrub out to you. I said I thought there are no more Tours left. She said they have plenty. I say ok & give up. My Refurb Tour will be Tuesday. I call back a half hour later & cancel the order. I said if you send me a refurb it probably had the same problem, dont bother. The guy says too bad I can't give you a Bold instead. I agreed. Yesterday a refurb Tour comes to my door. So I call today and say I cancelled this a half hour after I ordered it and you still sent it. The girl looks it up and says yes it shouldn't have gone out sorry about this. She then says since we screwed up I am talking to my supervisor & see if I can get you a new Bold instead since you had trackball problems & Bold has a trackpad. Two minutes later, I have a new Bold coming tomorrow. She put a express on it for me!!
    06-30-10 05:39 PM
    I just got off the phone with VZW Tech Support, Outta stock on Tours, so they are sending me out the Bold!!! wooohooo.. Finally.. took me 3 tries!
    06-30-10 11:17 PM
    I hate you guys. I got a Tour coming. Not that it's a bad phone, but I really want Wi-Fi.
    07-01-10 01:27 AM
    I lost my Tour Tuesday. I spent the whole evening trying to find it. Finally submitted an online insurance claim at 10:00 pm. Unfortunately they could only deliver me a brand new bold in box with original seal by 9:00 am yesterday. They were out of Tours.
    07-01-10 05:04 AM
    Lucky guys! I called last night, reporting a trackball issue and the guy assured me I would be getting a refurb Tour. I called back later to cancel the order, but should I just play Roulette and hope I get the Bold next time I call or should I ask if there's any way I can get the Bold instead of the Tour?
    07-01-10 06:35 AM
    Lucky guys! I called last night, reporting a trackball issue and the guy assured me I would be getting a refurb Tour. I called back later to cancel the order, but should I just play Roulette and hope I get the Bold next time I call or should I ask if there's any way I can get the Bold instead of the Tour?
    Exact same experience here. I complained about how its the third tour that i'm on and i'm still having the trackball issue. I expressed my concern that the new one will have the same problem. Also let her know how my wifes tour was even worse than mine.....Still nothing. She said I will receive two refurbished Tours. I never cancelled the order. We'll see what comes in the mail. Hey these can't be worse than mine.
    07-01-10 07:33 AM
    I lost my Tour Tuesday. I spent the whole evening trying to find it. Finally submitted an online insurance claim at 10:00 pm. Unfortunately they could only deliver me a brand new bold in box with original seal by 9:00 am yesterday. They were out of Tours.
    So if I order thru insurance they will give me a bold?

07-01-10 10:30 AM
    You only have two claims to burn in a 12 mth period.
    07-01-10 10:35 AM
    I love how the scammers come out of the woodwork for this type of stuff, if you had a legitimate issue with your phone you wouldn't be concerned about getting a bold, just a replacement that worked. Sad, all these people going around paying data fees etc to have a blackberry yet they have to scam verizon for an upgrade to the latest and greatest new toy. Have you no shame?

In my case, i'm happy with a new working tour. Im on my 3rd one and my wife also has one. Both have had the same trackball issues. Would i have complained if they said they were gonna send me a Bold instead? **** to the no! BTW, what do you call it when you purchase a phone and it doesn't work like it's supposed to since day 1? I'd be a bit harsh to call that a scam but it's def not cool either.
    07-01-10 11:05 AM
    In my case, i'm happy with a new working tour. Im on my 3rd one and my wife also has one. Both have had the same trackball issues. Would i have complained if they said they were gonna send me a Bold instead? **** to the no! BTW, what do you call it when you purchase a phone and it doesn't work like it's supposed to since day 1? I'd be a bit harsh to call that a scam but it's def not cool either.
    I don't know about you but I haven't purchased anything that works like it's suppose to or does everything they claim it does.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 07-01-10 at 12:03 PM.
    07-01-10 11:41 AM
    It's not a scam when there is a slightly newer model out that does fix the only issue I am having.

07-01-10 12:37 PM
    Here is my story...On Saturday I called and told them I have a trackball problem, the lady says you are still under warranty so we will send a refrub out to you. I said I thought there are no more Tours left. She said they have plenty. I say ok & give up. My Refurb Tour will be Tuesday. I call back a half hour later & cancel the order. I said if you send me a refurb it probably had the same problem, dont bother. The guy says too bad I can't give you a Bold instead. I agreed. Yesterday a refurb Tour comes to my door. So I call today and say I cancelled this a half hour after I ordered it and you still sent it. The girl looks it up and says yes it shouldn't have gone out sorry about this. She then says since we screwed up I am talking to my supervisor & see if I can get you a new Bold instead since you had trackball problems & Bold has a trackpad. Two minutes later, I have a new Bold coming tomorrow. She put a express on it for me!!
    Just a update! The Bold came today, brand new with the box. Also, it was shipped from Texas
    07-01-10 05:36 PM
    I don't know about you but I haven't purchased anything that works like it's suppose to or does everything they claim it does.
    Man...you have some ****ty *** luck. I usually return something if it doesn't do what I bought it to do.
    07-01-10 08:01 PM
    Man...you have some ****ty *** luck. I usually return something if it doesn't do what I bought it to do.
    If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

Might have exaggerated a little. But really have owned things where some feature didn't work as intended.
    07-01-10 08:08 PM
    Just got off the phone, she is sending me a Refurb Tour, I asked if it had the trackball, she went back and looked for the option to replace it with a Bold and saw nothing. Does this mean they have the Tours in stock and i'm getting a Tour again? Or could that just have been the order form and they'll not have the actual phones in stock and send me a Bold instead?
    07-01-10 09:24 PM
239 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD