Verizon replacing tours for bolds

i just don"t get it why do they send some people the brown box
    and other a full box. It make no sense. They always sent you a brown box
    when you called for WARRANTY. We all thought originally they wanted to get the Tour a faulty phone out of service, but why make it a CRAP SHOOT. Send everyone the samething either brown box or full box. Its absolutly mind boggling and as nice it is that there swapping out the tours for bolds there still doing things to **** you off.
    06-23-10 11:00 PM
    i actually couldnt tell you...i work with 6 people who swapped their Tours for Bolds, 4 of them got the fru brown box, while myself and another got a full box

the printed receipts were identical, too
    06-23-10 11:04 PM
    wait so verizion is switching out old tours with new bolds? like if you have an issue ie trackball with the tour?
    06-23-10 11:30 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just don"t get it why do they send some people the brown box
    and other full box. It make no sense. They always sent you a brown box
    when you called for WARRANTY. We all thought originally they wanted to get a faulty phone out of service, but why make it a CRAP SHOOT. Send everyone
    the samething either brown box or full box. Its absolutly mind boggling and as nice it is that there swapping out the tours for bolds there still doing things to **** you off.

Where have you been look on page 3or 4 for the post has been going on
    since 6/16/10
    06-23-10 11:36 PM
    wait so verizion is switching out old tours with new bolds? like if you have an issue ie trackball with the tour?
    The thread was moved to the Verizon Carrier Subforum although there are two similar threads in the Bold/9650 Forum. But, yes, quite a number. Hmmm, time for a poll perhaps to find out how many actually did get the upgrade and which upgrade - just the phone body or the entire retail package (or even more astounding, some folks got additional extras - one person and extra charger and extra battery, another an extra battery - those were probably packing errors).

I think if it had not been moved, there would have been more folks who read about it and acted. Less folks frequent the Carrier subforum, I'm sure.
    06-24-10 12:08 AM
    I got a brand new Bold in a brown box with everything! Its the way the Tour should have been shipped honestly. Called VZW Sunday morning and the lady told me she couldn't send me a Tour refurb but that the Bold was in stock and she said I'd get a like new certified Bold, which came new in box and everything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-24-10 12:45 AM
    brown box here as well. I really don't care if the box was purple with brown polka dots as long as the phone is good.
    06-24-10 07:42 AM
    Why are you complaining?
    06-24-10 07:49 AM
    What i cant understand is why some people can get a 9650 and others are only offered the Tour as a replacement.
    06-24-10 08:55 AM
    Why are you complaining?
    i don't know that i'm complaining its just a
    bizzare situation. I've been with the co for 10 years
    when i owned the DARE i had tons of trouble
    after 4 replacements i insisted on a NIB
    "absolutely not" even at top tier.
    So all this NIB or fru brown box or no
    Bold at all is nuts,
    its should be kept it all the same.

Furthermore even today depending on csr
    some will give you a bold some won't
    and you guys don't thinks that bull****
    06-24-10 09:21 AM
    Last point i'm a big customer with Vrz... 5 smartphones
    bills between 500 and 700 a month, paid on time for 10
    years. So i call in and get hassled and have to jump thru hoops.
    Read some of these posts "called a rep got the bold in 5 min"
    I'm a professional person and try to act respectfull at all times
    but these CSR can reduce you to a Rabid Dog .

I'm done venting now thanks for listening
    06-24-10 09:35 AM
    My warranty is up, and I am TRULY having issues with my trackball. Does insurance send you a tour or a bold?
    06-24-10 10:14 AM
    Ok long story short my Tour **** the bed. I loved that phone and wanted it replaced under warranty. I had heard that they were replacing them with the Bold which I was ok with because they are comparable to one another. The sales rep however told me that they were out of stock of both "like new" Tours and Bolds, so I said ok well can you send me a new one then because I NEED a phone. She wouldn't do it. In fact she tried to offer me the blackberry Curve......How does that even compare to a Tour. I kindly told that woman that there was NO way I was going to accept a Curve for a tour they are not even in the same ballpark. So she offered me a Storm which had been my first BB and I went thru 4 of those. I kindly told her where she could send a storm. Then she huffed and said all she could offer me that was comparable to my phone was a Storm 2. So now they are shipping me a Storm 2 which I am not very happy about at all but at least it is somewhat comparable to the Tour in it's abilities (needed a global phone). I just thought that that was the worst experience I have ever had with VZW and once my contract is up I am done. (thanks for letting me vent)
    06-24-10 10:17 AM
    The device is under warranty from BlackBerry, it was released July 12, 2009. I called and said my trackball was bad and they sent me a brand new Bold...

06-24-10 10:20 AM
    I got an in box model with all accessories for me AND my wife. Can't say I'm dissapointed.
    06-24-10 10:25 AM
    i don't know that i'm complaining its just a
    bizzare situation. I've been with the co for 10 years
    when i owned the DARE i had tons of trouble
    after 4 replacements i insisted on a NIB
    "absolutely not" even at top tier.
    So all this NIB or fru brown box or no
    Bold at all is nuts,
    its should be kept it all the same.

Furthermore even today depending on csr
    some will give you a bold some won't
    and you guys don't thinks that bull****
    The only thing that I think is bull is your complaining. Sounds like you are trying to get yourself a new Bold and they wont give in to you.
    06-24-10 10:55 AM
    it is what it is. I'm surprised that anyone is getting bold replacements so i'll take mine in an empty walmart bag if that is how they want to ship it to me. and as long as it works.
    06-24-10 10:57 AM
    They replaced my Tour with a brand spankin new Tour. I didn't even know they still had them in stock. I called because Im tired of the trackball and having issues with it every other month and I was told by a CSR that they went above and beyond to help me out by sending a brand new phone to me and that was all they could so I am going to hope that my trackball doesn't go bad after July 12
    06-24-10 11:09 AM
    Well, count me in as one who will receive a Bold as a replacment. After reading this thread, I thought what the heck? I called and explained that I keep having issues with charging, I have replaced my vehicle charger, upgraded the system software numerous times, charger port is loose. I was told I would be swtiched to Tier 2 support, they told me they would send me a replacement and then explained it would be a new Bold with a touchpad and camera! WooHoo!!
    06-24-10 01:35 PM
    Wrong.......they replaced my tour with a bold the thread
    was in regards to people who have been jacked around.
    I have been there in the past.

can't fix stupid
    Last edited by Betmen; 06-24-10 at 04:43 PM.
    06-24-10 04:39 PM
    I got a brand new Bold in a brown box with everything! Its the way the Tour should have been shipped honestly. Called VZW Sunday morning and the lady told me she couldn't send me a Tour refurb but that the Bold was in stock and she said I'd get a like new certified Bold, which came new in box and everything

did they tell you they were sending a Bold or just a "replacement" i just called for a replacement and they didn't say anything about it being a tour or a bold
    06-24-10 06:38 PM
    I called for a replacement last night because my trackball has been screwed up and my lock button stopped working yesterday and i was sent another Tour. Not a Bold. I was told they were only doing the Bold replacement while they were out of stock of Tour replacements. Just an fyi
    06-24-10 07:00 PM
    did they tell you they were sending a Bold or just a "replacement" i just called for a replacement and they didn't say anything about it being a tour or a bold
    They told me they were after I was put on hold so they could place the order and then told me it was a Bold and that they didn't have the Tour available.

06-25-10 07:08 AM
    I was researching the TOUR v. the BOLD and it seems like the bold is a DOWNGRADE from the tour? is this true? why would you want to replace your tour with a bold (other than the fact that the new tour comes with the trackpad instead of the ridiculous trackball)?

what are the main differences between the tour and the bold?
    06-26-10 07:34 PM
    It is an upgrade if you consider the Bold ADDS wifi, double the memory, might be able to run OS6 and the trackball elimination is a biggie.
    06-26-10 08:02 PM
239 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD