Last weekends I tried to exchange my storm for the tour as I had replaced it 3 times in 90 days. Neither the store or corporate would let me because the tour was more expensive so I used my dads upgrade to get it at 2 hundred bucks. I got a call from verizon yesturday saying that the tour has now been authorized as a comparable replacement for the storm. They are sending me a free one so I can send them my storm that I still have and then I can return the one I got and get my money back. Wanted to put this out there for all you disgruntled storm users that u have a chance to get the tour if it breaks enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 11:14 AM
    I just received my Tour as a Storm replacement today. I had four replacement Storms and had two so close together that I now have three phones in my possession. I'm loving the Tour though, it's a great phone.
    07-15-09 11:31 AM
    Is this any storm or just under 30 day warranty?
    07-15-09 11:33 AM
    I called yesterday and was on the phone with rep,supervisor for
    Hours and they positively will not replace my storm for a tour...so thursday
    I'm getting another storm..They gave that exact reason...that the tour was just launched
    And is too expensive and even when I get 3 replacements they
    Will just send me a new storm...I even told them other customers
    Are getting the tour as replacements..their reply was they can't
    Do it based on other customers instances.

07-15-09 12:09 PM
    I called yesterday and was on the phone with rep,supervisor for
    Hours and they positively will not replace my storm for a tour...so thursday
    I'm getting another storm..They gave that exact reason...that the tour was just launched
    And is too expensive and even when I get 3 replacements they
    Will just send me a new storm...I even told them other customers
    Are getting the tour as replacements..their reply was they can't
    Do it based on other customers instances.

yeah i have gotten that same thing. they try and say that since CB is a website that anyone can post anything it puts out the credibility factor. basically calling us all liars :X
    07-15-09 12:12 PM
    just tell them you will cancel and get the tour on sprint. verizon has always worked w/ me w/ no problems.
    07-15-09 12:22 PM
    Tell them you are going to cancel and get an iPhone. It worked for me, no questions asked
    07-15-09 12:26 PM
    Yeah I know...what happened to the customer is always right?
    Now its the customer can't be trusted,or the customer is always lying
    With my 4 lines I have had 13 total storm replacements.
    yeah i have gotten that same thing. they try and say that since CB is a website that anyone can post anything it puts out the credibility factor. basically calling us all liars :X
    07-15-09 12:33 PM
    Is it that simple?! I had gotten an upgrade last december as an annual upgrade. I had gotten the omnia (big freaken mistake!). I got an 8830 on ebay. I want that TOUR! So just call & tell them I'll go to sprint or that I'm getting the iphone?!
    07-15-09 12:39 PM
    This is how I pretty much got my tour. I replaced my Storm with it but I only had 2 Storms instead of three but it took me calling CS quite a few times. I had to pay a 70 dollar difference but that would be covered with the mail in rebate.
    07-15-09 12:41 PM
    just tell them you will cancel and get the tour on sprint. verizon has always worked w/ me w/ no problems.
    Tried that...told them I was dropping four lines and taking my business elsewhere
    They still refused.

07-15-09 12:42 PM
    Yeah I know...what happened to the customer is always right?
    Now its the customer can't be trusted,or the customer is always lying
    With my 4 lines I have had 13 total storm replacements.

What happened was customers trying to get over any way they could and abusing that ideal. Not that everyone does it, but it happens.

You will usually find that if you are a regular at a store, it is easy to get what you want even though it may be outside of normal policy. (Assuming that you are not a jackhole about it. And that it is within the store's power to do it.)
    07-15-09 12:46 PM
    I only had my storm replaced once. I would've had it done a few more times if it weren't for the fact that the storm they replaced it with was WORSE than the first. With all the trouble everyone was having, I decided not to bother replacing it again, just to keep ending up with a crappy phone.

So, I used planet feedback and was contacted by someone from the executive directors office at VZW. They said we could discuss "options" if I would first go and have the techs at a store look at it one more time, and possibly replace it. She told me to call her back if I was still unsatisfied in a week.

The guy at the store was a complete ****, very condescending, and an ***** to boot. I was rather upset at this point, seeing as I was TRYING to do what the exec office asked me to, but couldn't because of this @$$.

I called the woman at the Exec office back, and explained that I had tried to get a new replacement, or a fix, but was treated very poorly, and was upset about it. I told her I was frustrated with the whole thing, and with being stuck with a bad phone, and that I was about ready to just jump ship and get a bold on AT&T. She actually CALLED THE LOCAL STORE and berated them, and then called me back and told me to go into the store, and the managers there were instructed to give me whatever phone I wanted in trade for my storm. I did this, and have the Tour, with only one storm replacement, and withOUT paying a dime for the Tour.

Just speak your mind, be honest, and don't be mean. State your case clearly, don't just call up and make basless threats ("I'm gonna leave you if you don't give me what I want!" is too childish).
    07-15-09 12:48 PM
    I was calm did state my case clearly....didn't make baseless
    Threats....still won't let me replace my storm with a Tour.

07-15-09 01:45 PM
    Man i just tried doing this and yeah they are offering the tour now along with the curve. They will sell me the tour at the 2 year cntract price but i have to send back the storm. Verizon must be fukin insane i just spent 200 dollars for the storm and now they want me to spend another 200 for the tour. They wont let me swap the 2 i think thats pretty ****ty considering im going on my 4th storm in under 60 days cause the screen keeps locking up on the bottom right
    07-15-09 02:26 PM
    Am I the only one that absolutely loves the Sorm, I never had any issues with it. Im sorry you had to go thru that though.
    07-15-09 02:28 PM
    Unfortuneatley it is posts like this that get everyone that does not like their storm all rushing and calling for a free tour. Once they get flooded with these, they will start turning people down, wether u have a good cause to want a replacement or not.

Customer service doesn't mean give everyone what they feel like they deserve. If that were the case we would be out of a service provider because of all the people who feel like they deserve a new phone. Unfortunatley, some storm users DO deserve a new phone. Having to convince someone at verizon is going to be based on how u present your case. Yelling and threatening to leave won't work as much as being calm and logical. And if u don't deserve a new phone, don't try it and leave it for those who do.

07-15-09 02:36 PM
    You'll get different responses from every rep you talk to. I used planetfeedbackdotcom and sent a letter or two to them. I very nicely laid my case out in a mature manner with out making demands. What it came down to was that I stuck it out with this phone because I was told that there would be updates which never truly fixed the device. I also wanted the device to work as advertised. I listed off all the problems I had and how bad the device lagged. Executive relations was more than happy to help me out and I have a free tour sitting right next to me right now. Simply put don't be a ****** because they notate it in the comments. Be very polite, firm in your resolve, and mature about it and you will get what you want.
    07-15-09 04:01 PM
    I was able to handle my swap through CS.

I called and was very polite and must have been lucky with the rep I got. He actually suggested I switch to another phone since I was on my 4th storm since the November release.

Once I had someone that was sympathetic to my issues, I made sure to have him note in the account that I was cleared to swap to another phone. I even had him indicate that the Tour was the phone i wanted. (I called a couple weeks before the Tour was available)

When the Tour was released on Sunday, I called and started getting the run around, being told that the phone was not yet in their system so I couldn't order it. I asked if I could pick up the phone at the store and was told that yes, that was possible, I just had to have a store manager override the system.

I had the CS rep call a store and the manager was unwilling to do anything for me. I asked the rep specifically if the store manager had the authority to swap the phone, but he just chose not to.. he said "yes, that's correct". I was dumbfounded that they would rather sit with unused phones than to make a 9 year customer happy and solve his phone problems.

Before I went to the store to speak to the manager myself, I asked if he would call one more store. To my delight, the store manager was absolutely willing to do the swap for me. So, I buzzed over to that store and she was very very helpful.

She gave me a Tour, the box and all accessories and also had me keep my 8gig card from my Storm. And as icing on the cake, she even did my swap to it had NO effect on my upgrade date. I checked my Verizon account today and i'm eligible for my NE2 on 7/2010!

Perhaps I just got lucky.. I made sure I explained to them that I had business needs and the Storm was affecting my ability to function.
    07-15-09 04:48 PM
    I get frustrated reading all of these stories about people who have switched out their storms.

I got a replacement storm because the screen on one stopped clicking at the bottom.

The replacement they sent me had problems OUT OF THE BOX!!!

Was my 5th Storm and all they told me was no, no and no.

Been with Verizon for at least 10 years
    07-15-09 04:57 PM
    I had the same problem as you drumz, went through 4 storms that I actually activated and one I returned on the spot because it was WATER DAMAGED coming from refurb... Needless to say I was livid, and told the tech as much. Tech noted my account, and 1.5 hours later I walked out of the verizon store with a 9630 after a very pleasant encounter with a knowledgeable manager. Just keep trying, you'll get it. I'm extremely happy with my tour... the storm was one migraine after another.
    07-15-09 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD