I had my tour for less than a year but the top standby/mute button does not work. And when I charge my phone sometimes it doesn't charge up to a 100 percent, it stops at around 80 percent. If I go to verizon will they give me a new tour? And how long is the period of time that I have to go in to get a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-10 01:13 AM
    What do you mean "does not work"?

What OS version is on the device?

The top button the right no longer puts the device into standby in the newer OS versions.

The device has a one year manufacturer warranty from the date you purchased it. If is has a manufacturer defect, it will be replaced with a factory refurbished unit.

The warranty service is not done in the stores. You need to call. The new device will be mailed to you and you will mail back the old phone.
    07-11-10 07:55 AM
    Verizon stores carry replacement units specifically for warranty or extended warranty issues.
    07-11-10 12:54 PM
    Well it doesn't do anything when I press it lol. I have the 5.0 os for it. Then what's the button do? And also I can't password lock the phone. Wait so I can't just go into the verizon store to get it replaced?

07-11-10 04:59 PM
    You will most likely be mailed a refurb.

07-11-10 05:05 PM
    Well it doesn't do anything when I press it lol. I have the 5.0 os for it. Then what's the button do? And also I can't password lock the phone. Wait so I can't just go into the verizon store to get it replaced?
    The right top button functions as the MUTE function. It no longer works as the "Standby" button.

The left top button functions to lock the keypad. It does NOT function as the password lock. If you want the password lock, press the "k" key or use the LOCK icon. Note that you must have a password set for this to work.

If this is what you are seeing, then the device is NOT malfunctioning. It is functioning as designed.
    07-11-10 06:02 PM
    Yeah the mute botton doesn't work either. And I tried the password lock. I'm just gonna go into verizon. Thanks for the help though

07-11-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD