I'm thinking about switching to verizon and the BB tour but have some questions. First and most importantly being on verizon will I be able to send and receive international text messages to my friend in England on their mobile phone? Does verizon support this feature as well as international calling capabilities?

Also being the BB tour is a CDMA/GSM hybrid phone will it give me the same international roaming abilities as AT&T currently does? Is the GSM mode of the tour tri-band or quad band? And can the tour's Sim card slot be unlocked to allow for use of prepaid sim card while traveling? Thanks for any help guys.
    08-26-09 07:10 PM
    I'm thinking about switching to verizon and the BB tour but have some questions. First and most importantly being on verizon will I be able to send and receive international text messages to my friend in England on their mobile phone? Does verizon support this feature as well as international calling capabilities?
    You should always check with Verizon when it comes to international questions.

Also being the BB tour is a CDMA/GSM hybrid phone will it give me the same international roaming abilities as AT&T currently does? Is the GSM mode of the tour tri-band or quad band? And can the tour's Sim card slot be unlocked to allow for use of prepaid sim card while traveling? Thanks for any help guys.
    Once unlocked, it will accept any GSM SIM, as the phone is quad band, and can be used just about anywhere.
    08-26-09 07:48 PM
    I have sent SMS to friends in Germany and Austria before on Verizon. I can't recall if there were specific charges for that, but they did go through.

Verizon by default locks out international direct dialing from your phone, but a simple call to customer service will turn it on. I'm sure you can ask for the store clerk to do this for you when you sign up. The rates from the US to Europe are not cheap on Verizon, however, so keep that in mind.
    08-26-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD