I want to use my personal Verizon Tour on the sprint network to replace my work phone. Do I simply call vzw to unlock the phone and call sprint to change equipment? Anyone do this in recent time?
    04-01-10 08:37 AM
    Posted in another thread:

In order to be able to use it with another CDMA Network, you need to make sure that the carrier would allow the ESN to be registered on the Network. Some CDMA carriers such as Sprint/Verizon do not have an Open ESN Policy, meaning you can't bring in your phone from another carrier and get it activated. But you can use an unlocked or flashed Tour with a GSM provider like ATT.

Basic rule is:

CDMA Phones/Carriers= Line is attached to phone's ESN and the carrier decides which phone they will allow to be activated.

GSM Phones/Carrier= Line is attached to SIM card and YOU decide which phone you want to use.
    04-01-10 08:41 AM
    The short answer is: NO.
    04-01-10 09:03 AM
    Sprint~Verizon do not cross-activate phones from their respective networks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 09:15 AM
    UNpossible
    04-01-10 03:23 PM
    You would have to buy a sprint tour to be able to use a tour on sprints network.
    04-01-10 03:41 PM
    Never gonna happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 05:13 PM
    nope. already tried once myself. sorry
    04-01-10 08:07 PM
    I was recently told by a Sprint store manager that it is possible if you unlock your phone. New laws prohibit cellular companies from saying no, assuming the phone works on their network. He said voice would work, but data would not.
    04-01-10 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD