Ok everyone, I need some thoughts on the call quality for the Tour. I had a Bold on AT&T, but my fiance wanted to keep everything on one bill, switch to a family wireless plan, and get herself a blackberry as well. I decided to make the jump to Verizon, considering all the discounts I'd receive with work and being a Verizon Fios subscriber as well. My problem is that the call quality on the Tour is absolutely horrible. When I speak to my fiance, who is using her Tour, it sounds like she is muffled and I can barely hear her. I have the enhanced audio feature enabled and the enhanced call audio set to BOOST TREBLE. Are there any call quality issues that I'm not aware of on this phone? Is it a defect? Am I missing something? Thanks!
    11-27-09 04:29 PM
    my tour was great! i never had any complaints. also what OS is installed on the device?
    11-27-09 04:37 PM
    Never had any issues with call quality when I had my tour. Very nice phone!!
    11-27-09 04:44 PM
    With 9630/4.7.1.61 i've experienced great call quality. i have Boost Treble on. Give that a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 04:45 PM
    Make sure you are not letting your pinky finger curl under to cover the MIC a lot of people have realized they do this with the tour.
    11-27-09 04:50 PM
    I never had any problems either. You should have verizon exchange it.
    11-27-09 04:52 PM
    Yep - I've got the same, OS .7.1.61, treble boost on, enhanced audio on, carefull not to cover the MIC hole, and my wife complains constantly about how muffled I always sound. wonder what's up?
    11-27-09 05:06 PM
    Tour has a directional mic when not on speaker mode. If you hold it too high towards your ear or to low towards your chin, it will be muffled. Designed to reduce background noise. Tour call quality is just ever so slightly lower quality than my wife's 8330 curve, and that was the best phone I've ever used.

11-27-09 06:01 PM
    I had this problem (without any finger curled underneath the mic area) with my very early built Tour, and it was replaced. Sounds fine with the newer builds possibly. Not sure how consistent this is.
    11-27-09 06:30 PM
    I have problems with hearing people well on mine, I have to crank my volume all the way up to hear them.

11-27-09 07:08 PM
    Yea, I get the "you sound muffled" complaint every so often but nothing that serious where it gets me constant complaints. Then there would have to be something done about it. BTW, where is the audio/treble boost?
    11-27-09 07:09 PM
    finger issue is a possibility. i'll have to be careful. OS is 4.7.1.61
    11-27-09 07:29 PM
    I am on my 5th one and have had complaints about sounding muffled on all 5. It seems to be an issue with the Noise Cancelling system. Try putting it on speakerphone and holding it the same way, see if she sounds clearer. Verizon has said they have never heard of the issue everytime I call, and it always sounds fine to them.
    11-28-09 02:26 AM
    I had the same problem with my first one. I told the guy at the store about it and he tried telling me "It's a BB thing".
    Whatever.
    My replacement one sounds fine.
    11-28-09 07:04 AM
    Yea, I get the "you sound muffled" complaint every so often but nothing that serious where it gets me constant complaints. Then there would have to be something done about it. BTW, where is the audio/treble boost?
    Green send button > BB button >options >general options >scroll down to Enhance Handset Call Audio...set to boost treble. Enjoy better sound quality (on your end)
    Last edited by GG1; 11-28-09 at 07:12 AM.
    11-28-09 07:10 AM
    Ok everyone, I need some thoughts on the call quality for the Tour. I had a Bold on AT&T, but my fiance wanted to keep everything on one bill, switch to a family wireless plan, and get herself a blackberry as well. I decided to make the jump to Verizon, considering all the discounts I'd receive with work and being a Verizon Fios subscriber as well. My problem is that the call quality on the Tour is absolutely horrible. When I speak to my fiance, who is using her Tour, it sounds like she is muffled and I can barely hear her. I have the enhanced audio feature enabled and the enhanced call audio set to BOOST TREBLE. Are there any call quality issues that I'm not aware of on this phone? Is it a defect? Am I missing something? Thanks!
    I'm sorry...but I just can't believe this. I have been a BB user for over a decade and there have been some BBs with poor audio quality (mainly the new 8530 from Verizon) but the Tour sounds great. It and the Storm 2 have perfect audio!

How I sound to people I call is the * first priority * for me in choosing a new BB and before I bought the Tour last week I called a dozen people who I normally talk to every day, then I left myself voice messages on my Verizon land line voice mail...compared it to other phones in the VZW store (only thing that beat it was the Droid).

I'd try another phone...the Tour normally has wonderful audio...on both ends.
    11-28-09 07:29 AM
    With 9630/4.7.1.61 i've experienced great call quality. i have Boost Treble on. Give that a try.

Might be just a POV, but I found that Boost Treble added a "loudness" but also a "tinniness" to how I sounded. Try both.
    11-28-09 07:30 AM
    Verizon has said they have never heard of the issue everytime I call, and it always sounds fine to them.
    Unfortunately, that's the type of answer they are required to give on everything of this nature :-( Don't blame the reps...blame today's marketing system.
    11-28-09 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD