Just got my Tour from Verizon! I must say that everything I've been reading over the past several months regarding this phone has been spot on. Everyone claiming that the Tour has the best keyboard to date hit the nail on the head. This phone is probably the most ascetically pleasing BB I've ever had the opportunity of getting my hands on.

Also, I have to throw in my props to the Verizon Customer Service. I was one of three people in there buying the Tour at the time(We were the only ones in the store aside from about 10 employees), and I had an issue with my BIS account but they cleared it up in about 5 minutes. It was definitely a worthwhile purchase, and I encourage everyone interested in purchasing a new BB to get some hands on time with the Tour. You won't regret it!
    07-12-09 10:42 AM
    I too just got my Tour from Verizon. The past few hours I have been getting it setup. I must say I generally like it a lot, but, just a few things are a bit quirky.
    1. The back doesnt seem to fit perfectly snug. Is this just my unit?
    2. Keyboard is just a bit harder to get used to - keys are MUCH closer together and takes a bit more care than a Curve.
    3. Not as quick as I would think. Actually there seems to be a big of a lag - not sure once again if this is my unit or indicative of the whole line. Thoughts?
    07-12-09 10:48 AM
    I too just got my Tour from Verizon. The past few hours I have been getting it setup. I must say I generally like it a lot, but, just a few things are a bit quirky.
    1. The back doesnt seem to fit perfectly snug. Is this just my unit?
    2. Keyboard is just a bit harder to get used to - keys are MUCH closer together and takes a bit more care than a Curve.
    3. Not as quick as I would think. Actually there seems to be a big of a lag - not sure once again if this is my unit or indicative of the whole line. Thoughts?
    The back doesn't fit snugly in my unit too.
    07-12-09 10:55 AM
    The back was like that on all the units I made the VZW rep bring out for me

Keyboards always take getting used to.

Mine is soooo quick. I really cannot believe I dealt with the Storm for as long as I did.
    07-12-09 10:57 AM
    1 - It might just be your unit. The back of my Tour seems to fit perfectly - The phone is definitely one of the more well-constructed units RIM(or any other PDA manufacturer) has produced, and I say that having experience with the Bold as well.

2 - The keyboard is probably going to be learning process for people coming form the Curve. It's a well designed keyboard, but its definitely different. I think once you start to really pound away on it you'll get used to it.

3 - As far as the lag goes, I can't really comment on that. Seems to be working smoothly for me, but Verizon has great service in my area so maybe that has something to do with it.

At any rate, I'd give your Tour a chance... If you continue to experience lag issues, I'd suggest being patient and waiting for an OS update(Not from Verizon though, since they are terrible with updates :P). Good luck!
    07-12-09 11:00 AM
    Really? The back of mine couldn't be any snugger. Maybe I just got lucky?
    07-12-09 11:00 AM
    If the back doesn't fit snug, fold a business card in half and put it under the battery door before you put it on. The extra pressure holds it in place pretty well.
    07-12-09 11:02 AM
    1-Mine fits very tight.

2-I'm digging the keyboard (had to cut my nails back a little )

3-Mines pretty quick!
    07-12-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD