I wrote an email a few weeks ago asking to swap my storm for a tour. A nice rep called me a few days later and told me it wasn't possible but would allow the 2nd line in my FSP to upgrade early and give me the tour. He said he couldn't process until the 12th, but since it was a sunday, he would call to confirm on the 13th, today. He never called. Should I wait, or give CS a ring? I don't know if it's in notes. I know there really isn't harm...but I hate making those calls to VZW cause you never know what they may write about the call in the notes that affect future CS calls.
    07-13-09 04:38 PM
    I wrote an email a few weeks ago asking to swap my storm for a tour. A nice rep called me a few days later and told me it wasn't possible but would allow the 2nd line in my FSP to upgrade early and give me the tour. He said he couldn't process until the 12th, but since it was a sunday, he would call to confirm on the 13th, today. He never called. Should I wait, or give CS a ring? I don't know if it's in notes. I know there really isn't harm...but I hate making those calls to VZW cause you never know what they may write about the call in the notes that affect future CS calls.
    Call em. I had a rep note my acct saying, do not give me a Tour and that I agreed to it all (which I didn't). Got my Tour today soooo...
    07-13-09 04:47 PM
    I got the exact same speal from them... just call them, i just ordered mine from another rep who saw notes....
    07-13-09 04:48 PM
    if i'm on my 3rd storm with issues, any chance of lemon law? or is buying on secondary pretty much my option
    07-13-09 04:52 PM
    i called CS and asked to speak to a supervisor and told them that i was having issues with mine and my wifes curves and he noted on my account to let me upgrade at the discounted price 16 months before my new every two would have let me. Just be polite and be very clear about what you would like to happen and you should have no problem.
    07-13-09 05:09 PM
    2 days and no call back. i called tonight, spoke to a very lovely CS rep who sent an email to the person who was supposed to call me and said she will get it worked out. 5 minutes later he called said my 2nd line would gets its upgrade date moved up 2 months by tomorrow at 12 and i could upgrade online, instore, or on phone.

i asked if my company discount would help at all...he said no. he then said to give him a good time to call me tomorrow and he would help me out with a price break on the tour.

it may have helped that during the call he couldnt hear me, i could hear him....he hung up and called back and i said "stanley, you have just experienced my frustration with this phone" he chuckled and agreed. lol
    07-14-09 09:34 PM
    A friend of mine had the same issue he called and left a message with the Executive Relations Rep, that had previously contacted him, on Monday. He returned his call today to setup the shipping of his tour.
    07-14-09 09:37 PM
    verizons callback thing is useless. every time they tell me they will call me back they have only done it 3 times....i lost count how many times they said they will call me back....over 10 years id say at least 10 times a year. call them and cram their WFG down their throats.
    07-14-09 09:38 PM
    WFG?

10char
    07-14-09 09:41 PM
    worry free gty. they used to promise callbacks i dont know if they still do or not. but they still stand by one call/rep resolutions and that never happens most of the time.
    07-14-09 09:44 PM
    gotcha...we'll we will see tomorrow, he was very nice. if i don't hear from him and his "deal" for me (any idea what he may offer instead of 199?) vzw will get a nice call from me the following day...
    07-14-09 09:49 PM
    sigh...no call from stanley. i guess ill be calling tomorrow.
    07-15-09 08:49 PM
    called...woman said stanley closed the case and that she couldnt give me a better price. i asked her to email stanley, she said she wasnt sure she could since he was in another call center. i informed her that the last rep i spoke to did this from another call center and stanley called me 5 minutes after.

she sent email...no call yet. sent a message to planet feedback ask well. i dont like promises that are not kept.
    07-16-09 01:59 PM
    called...woman said stanley closed the case and that she couldnt give me a better price. i asked her to email stanley, she said she wasnt sure she could since he was in another call center. i informed her that the last rep i spoke to did this from another call center and stanley called me 5 minutes after.

she sent email...no call yet. sent a message to planet feedback ask well. i dont like promises that are not kept.
    Can you get into a VZW store? I got my Tour for $199.99 and have a $70.00 Mail-In-Rebate that I have to send it, which I'm going to do tomorrow. I'm sure they'll give you that same deal so you'll only pay $129.99.

The one thing that I was told by CS on the phone is that the store reps, specifically REAL VZW stores (not "Authorized Retailer"), work on commission, so if you can haggle and talk, they'll discount the stuff for you. I got my guy to throw in some free stuff for my wife and daughters 8330s and 8830s when I got my Tour.
    07-16-09 02:06 PM
    Do NOT call CS Call BB Support *611 option 3
    you will get things done. Storm Exchanged for Tour hassle free and totally free.
    07-16-09 02:45 PM
    Do NOT call CS Call BB Support *611 option 3
    you will get things done. Storm Exchanged for Tour hassle free and totally free.
    thanks. i wrote to planet feedback...so i'll give it a few days and see if i hear from them.
    07-16-09 09:46 PM
    got a call while i was at work yesterday from VZW exec relations in response to planet feedback. I called back and missed him, told him to call/email today. He emailed me and said there were no notes about a possible discount and he would only sell it for 199. Disappointing. I sent a reply email with my thoughts and he told me if I wanted i could switch to a curve for 50 bucks. lol

Is it still worth calling BB support (611 opt 3) if all of this is in my account notes?
    07-21-09 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD