Just thought you would all like to know, as of Monday, Verizon corporate now allows the tour as a fair exchange for the storm under the 3 replacements in 90 days policy. This is a change from when it was first out.

For those of you who do not know, if your phone breaks 3 times in 90 days, the 3rd replacement is allowed to be made with a phone "of equal or lesser value" under Verizon corporate policy. Normally you have to call support to get them to do it, but it is easy to do. Originally the tour was not eligible as it is "more expensive" than the storm is, but as of Monday, the tour has been added to the Verizon matrix as a viable replacement for the storm under this policy. So to all those who want a tour and have been going through storms (as i did) there is a light at the end of your clicky little tunnel.
    Edit/Delete Message
    07-19-09 01:08 AM
    good lookin out!
    07-19-09 01:10 AM
    I just returned my STorm and reactivated my Treo 700P. Im waiting a bit or going iPhone
    07-19-09 01:16 AM
    Its about time! Don't get me wrong but after using the Storm and then the Tour, I will never go back to the Storm. The Tour is here to stay!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 01:37 AM
    Well that is good for the storm users.

I was using my friends storm today and hate it! I would have to click several times for it to select... especially when I was using the browser. I thought the phone was great but now after using it for about a 1/2 hour IMO it is crap. The tour is a 10000000000% better then the storm.
    07-19-09 01:41 AM
    what is funny is I had already bought the tour because they would not exchange. Verizon told me to return it and sent me a new one...not complaining, but my jaw has not come back up from the floor yet.
    07-19-09 01:52 AM
    See? We're not ALWAYS evil..

I'll be checking the sub matrix tomorrow about this..

07-19-09 01:57 AM
    Strangely you can get mixed results..

a friend called and one customer service person stated it wasn't possible called back and the next person did it..

go figure..
    07-19-09 01:59 AM
    Just as an FYI, I don't know the reasoning behind it but I wasn't due for a new phone until January but when I ordered it online it allowed to me to upgrade/renew and get the Tour for $199 even though my contract wasn't up. Called to see if I could do it in store as well (I didn't want to wait lol) but they said online only. Ordered on Sunday, had my Tour on Tuesday. Just wanted to put the word out.
    07-19-09 02:00 AM
    Good. As someone who had to deal w/ this situation when the matrix did not show the Tour, I'm really glad future Storm-to-Tour folks won't have to go through that.

To be offered a Curve was an absolute joke in the beginning. Crappy camera, lo res display, lame browser, old OS, etc. If anything, it's a downgrade from the Storm as far as new tech is concerned.

The Tour has fixed the two main issues of keyboard lag and inconsistently responsive OS that plagued Storm owners. It is SO nice to leave apps open for days and see the RAM stay around 100MB continuously while keeping the OS responsive and snappy. And I've yet to encounter a single keystroke lag out!
    07-19-09 03:28 AM
    well what is nice is that you can get it for free if your storm is a frequent breaker. paying 299 is one thing, paying nothing is totally different. A note, It had to be done by a supervisor, and from what I can tell, not all the lower level reps are aware of the new policy (hence why on sunday they said no) even though it was allowed. a supervisor reviewing my account noticed the mistake. I am starting to wonder if Verizon has 0 communication when it changes things to let its people know.
    07-19-09 10:25 AM
    When I called on Monday, I told the rep that I had heard about there 3 replacement program. When she went over my acct she had seen that I had received 4 storm replacements since Dec! So she agreed to replace it. She had to get approval from a supervisor first! The next day it was approved & I received my tracking # for fedex & 2 days later I got my tour & it was all free of charge! Like Ive always said! It all depends on the person you get when you call customer service! Some just dont care & then some will do anything they can to help you out!!!!!!!!
    07-19-09 10:57 AM
    When I called on Monday, I told the rep that I had heard about there 3 replacement program. When she went over my acct she had seen that I had received 4 storm replacements since Dec! So she agreed to replace it. She had to get approval from a supervisor first! The next day it was approved & I received my tracking # for fedex & 2 days later I got my tour & it was all free of charge! Like Ive always said! It all depends on the person you get when you call customer service! Some just dont care & then some will do anything they can to help you out!!!!!!!!
    assuming you had to send your storm back, right?
    07-19-09 11:23 AM
    oh yes I did, not that I wanted to keep it any ways.
    07-19-09 01:34 PM
    I called verizon this past monday, and instead of sending me my 4th storm in 6 months the rep offered me a brand new storm in exchange. Thursday afternoon mr fed ex man delivered me my new tour! If I didn't have to send my storm back I would love to destroy it, oh well

07-19-09 01:39 PM
    Though the idea of office spacing the storm does sound appealing, I really did like it. I just got tired of it breaking on me. I read a report of a curve surviving a tornado. I can only hope the tour follows in that level of quality.

The thing is, if you are like me, you can get a tour, when as of sunday, you could not. The fact that verizon now has it as offical policy that the tour can be a replacement for the storm under the 90 policy is a good thing and should make it easier for any one else who wants to switch before their renewal date.

I for one and proud that Verizon is doing the right thing here. they could have stuck to their policy and said "the tour is more expensive and thus can not be used for the 90 3 time replacment policy." Good job verizon!
    07-19-09 01:48 PM
    I and my wife (her phone is pearl 8130) have a family share plan and we have been a vwz subscriber since 2005 and vwz and me have argued SO many times in person and on the phone. Since I been a subscriber I've had them over charge me $1500(which took around 60 days for the credit),delete my primary phone number,change my calling plan,change my password,no service AT ALL at my house and more ALL WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! Lied to? Almost daily, I'm on the phone with vwz more than talking to ANYONE ELSE! Thankfully thats free. I have had problems as well with storm and when my problems couldn't be resolved then I called corporate. I was offered the tour as an upgrade after about a week of discussions. I thought my upgrade was because of all my problems with vwz. But now there doing this with everybody? (I thought I was special....lol) I"M gutting my storm when I send it back itll be just a bare phn.lol
    I'll keep my chips and maybe have an extra battery for my Tour? LOL

Everytime I feel I'm getting a better deal from vwz they remind me there the ANAL KINGS!!! I have puzzled vwz tech support so many times with the error messages I have seen on the storm. The Tour is great, I still get screen ripple however once in awhile and when I get off the phone the phone timer jumps/changes. My battery cover is solid,no complaints there. When the storm worked (3rd party apps,net) it was awesome,however as a phone and text messenging it SUCKED! The Tour works for me for now. I still use my LG9400 to take pics because I can take more faster. Or am I missing something on my Tour? Or maybe I'm expecting too much?
    My wifes phn just needed an upgrade and still sticks time to time,she's happy with just the basics. I just want what I pay for. To me phone carriers are like the goverment; DURTY and corrupt! I pay $164 for my plan and I use more data then minutes (my minutes average 500 out of a 1400 minute plan with the 10 faves and 2 data plans for 2 bbs and 500 msg)
    As my wife says pick your poison,you'll get fecal matter no matter what carrier you have.

Thank you Crackberry for being my referance point. Great site!

Thanks ANAL KINGS for my rectal tour!
    Last edited by sbfm23; 07-19-09 at 02:54 PM. Reason: mispleed
    07-19-09 02:53 PM
    just a word of caution to everyone going this route, it will extent ur contract for a year...or at least the contract extension is something to ask about before carrying it out. It happened with my when i switched from my samsung sch-i760 to the treo in september of 08. I was supposed to be eligible for upgrade in November, right when the storm came out, and when i went to upgrade they said since i got the treo replacement for the samsung, my upgrade date was extended by 1 year and that I was not eligible anymore...so i had to use a different line's upgrade to get the storm....just a word of caution folks..
    07-19-09 03:09 PM
    I had a XV6800 which failed four times in 30. Verizon told me I needed to move to the because it was my only option then. Now I have a Storm that failed and recieved three out of the box failures. The refuse to give me the Tour for free. After repeated calls and being nice the finallly agreed to sell me one for $100. Supposedly it will be here Tuesday.
    07-19-09 03:10 PM
    I had a XV6800 which failed four times in 30. Verizon told me I needed to move to the because it was my only option then. Now I have a Storm that failed and recieved three out of the box failures. The refuse to give me the Tour for free. After repeated calls and being nice the finallly agreed to sell me one for $100. Supposedly it will be here Tuesday.
    Sounds like someone's either really rough on phones, or way too picky. Nothing personal, but they shouldn't be expected to "give you a tour for free". They should be responsible for replacing the phone you bought until its right. The fact that they'll let you get something else is a courtesy.
    07-19-09 03:28 PM
    does it have to be within 90 days of buying the phone or just any 90 day period?
    07-19-09 03:55 PM
    the policy is if you have 3 of the same phones break in 90 days. Rather than try to keep replacing it, they cut their losses and try one that might not break. It is their version of washing their hands of it and hitting the drawing board. It is a good policy because if you have a life style that is hard on one thing (like the touch screen) it may take longer than 30 days to find it, and getting a new phone every month is just going to cost them money in the long run.
    07-19-09 04:14 PM
    That's funny I exchanged my storm on launch day. It is not a Monday thing.

07-19-09 04:14 PM
    If I didn't have to send my storm back I would love to destroy it...
    I would totally cheer you on like a wildman!!

just a word of caution to everyone going this route, it will extent ur contract for a year...
    It extended my upgrade eligibility date 20 months. But that's entirely acceptable since I now have a new phone that suits my needs MUCH better than the chaotic Storm.

That's funny I exchanged my storm on launch day. It is not a Monday thing.
    Huh? I did actually exchange mine within 3 days of ownership, but the tech insisted the keyboard lag would be addressed in a software update. I kept it and went along w/ them. After it became apparent, the Tour was the fix, VZW swapped out my Storm. It works great for me and I have no trouble recommending Verizon or the Tour to friends and family. Just one of the reasons I've been w/ VZW for so long.
    Last edited by Jodiuh; 07-19-09 at 08:48 PM.
    07-19-09 08:46 PM
    This is too bad. Verizon shouldn't reward people like this. Just remember your Storm doesn't work because you don't know how to use it. How do you destroy 3 Storms in 3 months?
    07-19-09 08:56 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD