Honestly I'm scared that verizon might not be expecting alot of orders and therefore not have enough in stock and that might be why there has been little to no advertising of this phone (or could be that its not exclusive to verizon, commercials are usually for exclusive phones) and possibly why there releasing this phone on an odd day like sunday. And then there was that upgrade preorder fiaso also. Because sprint also is selling the phone, it is possibly that rim hasnt produced that many for verizon (say like the exclusive storm).

I might be paranoid but I just find it odd that it is releasing in 9 days and there really hasnt been much said (except in these forums of course). Its almost like they don t want us to know about it. I think I might just wait to get it instore after all cause Ill be damned if I preorder and it gets backordered.

What do you think?
    07-03-09 08:57 AM
    I think you should go to the store.. with both sprint and vzw getting the device stock will be a lil lower then a normal launch. that being said vzw is clear that the device is starting to get buzz and the stores will be getting addtional devices... and besides as i said when you buy in store you often can get freebies or bundles or accessories..
    07-03-09 09:00 AM
    I think that you should change your thread title.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 09:12 AM
    I think that you should change your thread title.

yeah same here. people need to learn how to title things correctly.
    07-03-09 09:17 AM
    I agree x3. You made me scared!

07-03-09 09:26 AM
    Lol, agreed. I'm sure, however, that the lack of advertising for the Tour is to EVERYONES advantage. While the CrackBerry world knows its coming, many "normal" cell phone users do not. I'm sure Verizon will be up to the task and everyone will get their Tours.
    07-03-09 09:48 AM
    You should be worried. RIM is making most of them for Sprint.

After all we've been without a new handset the longest.
    07-03-09 11:32 AM
    Possibly yes, to the OP. I called Vzw cust. svc. yesterday to ask about any possible NE2 upgrade on my account 1 month ahead of its time, and he said I'd have to wait until at least the 7/12 release, so he can't do it now during pre-order.

He went on to mention that he "heard" that the Tour is probably going to be sold out early, like the Storm. He said if it works out, I should have a Tour on the 14th, since of course Sunday shipping won't happen.
    07-03-09 11:43 AM
    its just a forum on the internet...calm down! Im sorry I didnt get online forum posting manual.
    07-03-09 11:58 AM
    Lol, agreed. I'm sure, however, that the lack of advertising for the Tour is to EVERYONES advantage. While the CrackBerry world knows its coming, many "normal" cell phone users do not. I'm sure Verizon will be up to the task and everyone will get their Tours.
    everyone will get there tours, but when is the question, its not as if they haven't run out and backordered online orders before....storm, im just torn between ordering or getting it in the store.
    07-03-09 12:01 PM
    You're "scared" about a phone not being in stock. Come on.
    07-03-09 12:05 PM
    You're "scared" about a phone not being in stock. Come on.
    Some people live a very shallow existence.
    07-03-09 12:07 PM
    i live a very shallow existence. i want my tour NOW!

lol
    07-03-09 12:10 PM
    this guy has "waiting for the tour" in his sig and hes talkin about livin in a very shallow existence....got to be kidding
    07-03-09 12:32 PM
    I wouldn't camp out but I would go to the store at the crack of dawn, if I was you guys.

07-03-09 12:38 PM
    Is this sort of commentary necessary? Seriously?
    I agree. Stuff like that gets on my nerves.

If I do go to the store instead of pre-order (I cant preorder now STILL because of my corp. discount), will I be charged an activation fee? How much is it now? $45?
    07-03-09 02:08 PM
    Well, it's not like a it's a limited edition phone, they can make more.
    07-03-09 02:10 PM
    Well, it's not like a it's a limited edition phone, they can make more.
    True. But was their comment really necessary? I understand some people have had a bad day or feel better when they take things out on the net, but....ya know?
    07-03-09 02:18 PM
    I'm on a waiting list at my local store and they're calling everyone on that list when the units come in to let us know the availability. The store rep I spoke with said I should definitely arrive early. I'm a brat though. I get one either way. I pre ordered mine and my brother is eligible for an upgrade but doesn't want to use it so I'm using his upgrade in store! And we're selling the other one on ebay and splitting the profit.
    07-03-09 02:31 PM
    I am camping out I think.. either that are kicking over there at like 4 in the morning
    07-03-09 03:38 PM

Where did this come from?
    07-03-09 06:56 PM
    Possibly yes, to the OP. I called Vzw cust. svc. yesterday to ask about any possible NE2 upgrade on my account 1 month ahead of its time, and he said I'd have to wait until at least the 7/12 release, so he can't do it now during pre-order.

He went on to mention that he "heard" that the Tour is probably going to be sold out early, like the Storm. He said if it works out, I should have a Tour on the 14th, since of course Sunday shipping won't happen.
    Since when do we put our faith in anything VZW CS Reps have to say?

These people are treated like mushrooms.
    They keep these poor fine folks in the dark and feed them $hit.
    07-03-09 06:58 PM
    You guys must live in major cities. I just can't see aline out the door at my verizon store in little Greenville, SC. Am I wrong? I plan to be there around 30 minutes before the doors open at 11am. After all it is the south in the Bible belt and most people will be in church ( I will have already gone that morning) and not at the verizon store.
    07-03-09 07:36 PM
    I was in the store yesterday and the VZW rep told me to get there early because there are going to be lines greater than the storm. I said" but there is no advertising?" they said " there was no advertising for the storm either" I laughed.
    07-03-09 07:56 PM
    I was in the store yesterday and the VZW rep told me to get there early because there are going to be lines greater than the storm. I said" but there is no advertising?" they said " there was no advertising for the storm either" I laughed.

I thought I remembered the storm commercial on tv over 2 months before the phone came out..
    07-03-09 08:28 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD