I have the tour running .591 and I'm having an issue receiving calls and texts. For example, today it says I received a phone call and text at 8:30 but I didn't get the text or voice mail until 9:15.. What is the issue? I would like to have a phone that ACTUALLY works. Can someone please help me out. Thanks
    06-04-10 08:32 PM
    During this whole time, has your phone had proper service?

Have you ever done a *228 option 2 on your device? That will update your roaming capabilities, which is always a good thing. (good to do once a month)

Also, if your service gets hung like on 1X for a long time, try a battery pull on the device and sometimes that will help bring back your 1XEV (3G)
    06-04-10 08:37 PM
    It always switches from 1X to 1XEV..idk what the difference is between the two but I always have service. I just tried the update and I will let you know if it still has a delay. Thank you for the advice
    06-04-10 08:49 PM
    1X will not give you a data connection, so no internet, email etc.

As to why you didn't receive the calls and such, thats a bit odd, they should come through unless you had NO service @ the time of the call.

The *228 should help you out, if not, let us know!
    06-04-10 08:53 PM
    That *228 didn't help.. I am still receiving texts late. What else could I do?
    06-06-10 10:01 AM
    You get 3g data on 1XEV and brew data on 1X but you get no data on 1x or 1xev. Ditch the .591 and use the leaked .643 or .662. Since the day I installed .643 my bb has been running problem free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 10:44 AM
    Where and how do I get this update?
    06-06-10 09:31 PM
    BlackberryOS Download Center - RIM BlackBerry operating Software download center
    The link I found in another thread. Presumably it's the right one. The file name should mention .643 somewhere in it if it's the correct one. (I'm on my bb right now and can't verify it).

Here are the steps I recommend taking to upgrade/downgrade your BB's OS using a PC. (If you have a Mac, you're on your own unfortunately as I've not used them).

Open desktop manager and make a backup of your BB (this won't back up your 3rd party apps, use BBSAK for that, plug that into the forum search if you're not familiar with it). Close Desktop Manager when you're done making your backups as you won't need it again until later.

Now you can go to add/remove programs and uninstall any BB OS's on the computer. (If you haven't ever installed a BB OS using this computer, this is unnecessary.) Download and install the OS you have chosen to use (the file you are downloading is an executable installer file which you must run after downloading it to install it on your PC).

After making sure you have made your backups as mentioned above, you are now ready to use jl_cmder or BBSAK to wipe your device. When the device has been wiped, you will see a white screen with a 507 reload software error. Do not panic, as this is what is supposed to happen.

Navigate to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and delete "vendor.xml" if the file you downloaded is for a different carrier than the one you're on. Now that you have deleted "vendor.xml" you can run "loader.exe" (located in the same folder as "vendor.xml" was in), which will proceed to load the OS you have chosen onto your BB device.

When the apploader is finished, your new OS should be loaded. You will now have to restore the data/apps you backed up earlier using DM and BBSAK respectively.

Enjoy your new OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 06-07-10 at 04:48 AM.
    06-07-10 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD