With the Oynx coming out, how does Verizon even have the face to release a crippled wifi-less device?
    05-12-09 12:03 AM
    With the Oynx coming out, how does Verizon even have the face to release a crippled wifi-less device?
    IMO WiFi is not a dealbreaker for me. VZW's 3G is very fast and has great coverage, at least in my area. Keep ib mind that VZW is the only carrier with 3G curves and pearls. If VZW has good coverage in your area you will not feel up the creek without a paddle due to lack of WiFi. Also, rumor has it that the Storm 2 will have Wife. If it does it shows that they are listening to consumers wants and needs. I just went to a Storm and love it. I would get a Bold ina heartbeat and the Tour is gonna be a fine device as well.

Good luc
    05-12-09 01:27 AM
    would u really use wifi that much... you shouldn't have a problem getting a highspeed 3g connection with VZW.
    05-12-09 01:34 AM
    its not a deal breaker but dissapointing yes. I want a blackberry, I want it to be on verizon, and I want it to have wi-fi..

but sometimes I cant get what I want
    05-12-09 01:40 AM
    RicanMedic will be here to explain everything shortly!
    05-12-09 02:01 AM
    its not a deal breaker but dissapointing yes. I want a blackberry, I want it to be on verizon, and I want it to have wi-fi..

but sometimes I cant get what I want
    But your the customer, if its possible, and the manufacture (in this case RIM) can and will offer it upon request (from carrier/provider), wouldn't you want it? Never hurts to have an option/extra feature. Cost being irrelevant. Obviously nothing outrageous but from what we know in terms of Retail Sale price ($199.99 with 2yr) I would gladly pay 249.99 with 2yr. I know some (maybe allot more then I would think) disagree, but if money isn't an issue (and its nothing but Love for BB's) then why not?? I want the Ferrari of BB's, race ready off the lot!!

More Money, Happy Customer. Sounds like a win win to me. And you know if the did, they would still force you to pay the data plan so they're not losing on that end!

But sadly cost is everything (especially in electronic retail and service), and if they can shave a feature to drive the cost down to a smaller number they will do so to make it that more desirable and needed by the consumer...

Its sad to see the worlds wants/needs & necessities become dictated by something as simple as "Margin"...
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 05-12-09 at 02:57 AM.
    05-12-09 02:46 AM
    But your the customer, if its possible, and the original manufacture can and will offer it upon request (from carrier/provider), wouldn't you want it? Never hurts to have an option/extra feature. Cost being irrelevant. Obviously nothing outrageous but from what we know in terms of Retail Sale price ($199.99 with 2yr) I would gladly pay 249.99 with 2yr. I know some (maybe allot more then I would think) disagree, but if money isn't an issue (and its nothing but Love for BB's) then why not??

More Money, Happy Customer. Sounds like a win win to me. And you know if the did, they would still force you to pay the data plan so they're not losing on that end!

ohh I completely agree.. it just amazes me how many people fight against wi-fi. I will never understand that.

But for what I get in verizon its not worth walking to another carrier for wi-fi...

the icing on the cake would be wi-fi on verizon

man id love to remote servers on my blackberry
    05-12-09 02:51 AM
    but...you're not a berry/smartphone user...are you on the market or something? what is your major concern over this? do you just want wi-fi? or will you just complain about "vzw crippled blah blah blah" devices no matter what?

honest question, really curious to hear your reply "poison berry aka not a berry user"
    05-12-09 02:54 AM
    but...you're not a berry/smartphone user...are you on the market or something? what is your major concern over this? do you just want wi-fi? or will you just complain about "vzw crippled blah blah blah" devices no matter what?

honest question, really curious to hear your reply "poison berry aka not a berry user"

some people may simply call him a troll...

but because they somehow get a kick with starting arguments I tend to like to amuze them
    05-12-09 03:00 AM
    why did you start a new thread instead of posting in the exiisting one? it's clear by your thread title you did this on purpose.

so YOU=fail!
    05-12-09 05:33 AM
    LOL... yea, we should keep it simple and on 1 thread
    05-12-09 07:04 AM
    I would love to be able to make calls and send emails at the same time (3G), wifi does me no good. Would wifi on cdma make this possible? I was able to use 3G when I was out of the country with me storm on gsm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 08:08 AM
    I would love to be able to make calls and send emails at the same time (3G), wifi does me no good. Would wifi on cdma make this possible? I was able to use 3G when I was out of the country with me storm on gsm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yup........
    05-12-09 08:20 AM
    Keep in mind that VZW is the only carrier with 3G curves and pearls.
    Sprint, US Cellular and other CDMA carriers have 3G (EVDO) Curves and Pearls. VZW is not the only carrier. AT&T and T-Mo are the USA companies without 3G Curves and Pearls.

I think WiFi is an important option these days. Airlines now have options for using WiFi during flights, companies have software options that work with WiFi only (can't think of the video company's name), and there are times when running data and voice at the same time is optimal (can't be done over EVDO).

With Onyx being brought to light (as a possible 96xx device), and the possibility of changes to the evaluation unit already (possibly) underway, who knows what will come out as the official version of the 9630 Tour.
    05-12-09 08:25 AM
    You guys shouldn't make yourselves justify something that you know is wrong or fishy, but yet still go with it anyway because you have no other choice.

The fact of the matter is, it's 2009 and when this Niagara is release it will be close to 2010. Being wifi-less at that time is inexcusable, doesn't matter if consumer use it or not. You just can't have that. And Verizon thinks consumers are too stupid to see what they are trying to do. Very anti-consumer!

I'm on att now, and I thought I had it bad...
    05-12-09 11:14 AM
    The Tour had Wifi in the test models too. It may disappear on the Onyx as well.

As for the whole Verizon = Fail stuff........

If not have wifi on a device is such a huge fail for some people then maybe they need to go to a different brand of phone or a different carrier. At any rate, sitting around and complaining about it on an internet forum is the biggest fail of all, because you are truly failing to accomplish anything.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Sitting around on an internet forum complaining about the lack of a specific feature on a specific device for a specific carrier when you do not have the device or use the carrier is THE biggest fail of all.

Last edited by roeod4; 05-12-09 at 11:42 AM.
    05-12-09 11:35 AM
    Was it really called for to make a WHOLE new thread? maybe a PM to the mods might fix this.
    05-12-09 11:40 AM
    Was it really called for to make a WHOLE new thread? maybe a PM to the mods might fix this.
    it wasnt necessary but hey, let it run its course. At least the issue gets a larger footprint
    05-12-09 12:03 PM
    The Tour had Wifi in the test models too. It may disappear on the Onyx as well.
    I thought the onyx was for t-mobile?
    05-12-09 12:05 PM
    05-12-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD