So I just called Verizon to ask about pricing for the Tour. The 2 year deal is $200. I asked about the new every 2, and they said that only primary lines get the new every 2 credit, and my secondary line would get only a corporate discount of $50. I was also informed that the new every 2 has changed....it is no longer $100 credit, but it now depends on your pricing plan. If it is less than $80, then you only get $30 towards a new phone. WEAK!
    I just put my girlfirend's phone under my plan because I get a corporate discount, and changed to a family plan because it was a few $$ cheaper. I may have to re-evaluate and see exactly how much cheaper it is and if its worth it. SO....If i leave things as is, I can get her the Tour for $150. if I change the plan from a family plan to individual plans, I can get it for $120. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's only $30....not having the new every 2 on her line really isnt costing me any more....its actually cheaper. Oh well.
    07-07-09 09:19 AM
    So I just called Verizon to ask about pricing for the Tour. The 2 year deal is $200. I asked about the new every 2, and they said that only primary lines get the new every 2 credit, and my secondary line would get only a corporate discount of $50. I was also informed that the new every 2 has changed....it is no longer $100 credit, but it now depends on your pricing plan. If it is less than $80, then you only get $30 towards a new phone. WEAK!
    I just put my girlfirend's phone under my plan because I get a corporate discount, and changed to a family plan because it was a few $$ cheaper. I may have to re-evaluate and see exactly how much cheaper it is and if its worth it. SO....If i leave things as is, I can get her the Tour for $150. if I change the plan from a family plan to individual plans, I can get it for $120. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's only $30....not having the new every 2 on her line really isnt costing me any more....its actually cheaper. Oh well.
    yea, they changed the NE2 pricing around March or so. Wack move on their part.
    07-07-09 09:22 AM
    That's odd... I have the new every 2 and I had $100 toward a new phone, plus the $70 off for pre-ordering it online. In the end, it cost me $100 total.
    07-07-09 09:35 AM
    That's odd... I have the new every 2 and I had $100 toward a new phone, plus the $70 off for pre-ordering it online. In the end, it cost me $100 total.
    If your contract was started before the date the credit amount was changed you still get the original $100 I think. Your next NE2 credit will be the lower amount.
    I"m almost at the end of my 2 yr agreement and I also had the $100 credit
    07-07-09 09:38 AM
    Because their policy has changed, it makes me wonder if signing up for 2 years instead of 1 is the no longer the way to go for many people.
    07-07-09 09:44 AM
    If your contract was started before the date the credit amount was changed you still get the original $100 I think. Your next NE2 credit will be the lower amount.
    I"m almost at the end of my 2 yr agreement and I also had the $100 credit
    That would be pretty crappy if I only get $50 toward my next phone. Especially since these phone are pretty expensive on their own. You'd think they'd continue doing the $100 if you have a data phone and the more expensive plans that you have no choice but to get.
    07-07-09 09:50 AM
    That would be pretty crappy if I only get $50 toward my next phone. Especially since these phone are pretty expensive on their own. You'd think they'd continue doing the $100 if you have a data phone and the more expensive plans that you have no choice but to get.
    Agreed, you'd think those of us who spend $200 a month on a phone would earn a few perks... but I've been wrong about lesser things...
    07-07-09 09:57 AM
    yeah, VZW changed the higher tier to $50 (from $100), and $30 (from $50)

makes no difference to me, i get to upgrade every 10 months with the 2 year pricing, but ouch for non-employees
    07-07-09 11:00 AM
    Be glad you get NE2. We employees don't get it at all, all we get is 2 year pricing.
    07-07-09 11:44 AM
    Not to mention, does any other carrier offer it at all?

And if you're spending 200+ a month, in all likelyhood you're. VIP which means you get anadditional $50 off the primary line upgrade anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 12:18 PM
    Be glad you get NE2. We employees don't get it at all, all we get is 2 year pricing.
    yea but our 2 year price comes w/ a 1 yr contract.
    07-07-09 12:20 PM
    Not employees.. We're non-contracted.

Sorry if you're talking about something else...

07-07-09 12:22 PM
    It also seems that under the new policy, you have to retain your phone for the entire 24 months to redeem the $50 credit for your next phone. I do not believe the same is true for older customers. If I am correct, that is a drawback in many situations.
    07-07-09 12:49 PM
    Nope.. The upgrade policy is still 20 months for a two year contract..

07-07-09 01:09 PM
    It also seems that under the new policy, you have to retain your phone for the entire 24 months to redeem the $50 credit for your next phone. I do not believe the same is true for older customers. If I am correct, that is a drawback in many situations.
    No, NE2 is still redeemable 20 months into a 24 month contract.

The change took place on 2/14/09 and all of the old tiered NE2's are grandfathered in if they haven't been used after the change. The NE2's have always been based on you're monthly rate. $39.99-$79.98 is the lower level and $79.99+ is the higher level. ($50 & $100 before and $30 & $50 now)
    07-07-09 01:14 PM

The change took place on 2/14/09 and all of the old tiered NE2's are grandfathered in if they haven't been used after the change. The NE2's have always been based on you're monthly rate. $39.99-$79.98 is the lower level and $79.99+ is the higher level. ($50 & $100 before and $30 & $50 now)
    yes that is Correct!
    07-07-09 01:34 PM
    technically, we do get NE2...but we have to wait 2 years...why wait 2 years to save $30-50 when we can just get it early?
    07-07-09 02:21 PM
    Not employees.. We're non-contracted.

Sorry if you're talking about something else...

this was the case at some point, but now employees are under a 1 year contract...too many were adding and removing lines...so they had to put something in place
    07-07-09 02:23 PM

yup thats what i was told also...I will be getting an additional $50 off on the 28th of this month, so until then i will visit the store everyday and play with the display model lol jk
    07-07-09 02:32 PM

I realize that NE2 is still available, although at a lower rate. My concern is that the language on the following VZ link seems to require that you keep the phone itself during the entire 2 year period or else the NE2 is voided:

Enter your location

"You must retain the same wireless handset for 24 months in order to receive the full advantages of this program. If you choose to replace your handset at a discounted price, you will forfeit your benefits and be automatically reenrolled if you meet the requirements of the program."

This language is unclear to me. Possibility 1: If you get rid of the device before the 2 years expire, you can still use NE2 as long as you don't replace the device with a discounted phone. Possibility 2: If you get rid of the device during the 2 years, you cannot use NE2 even though you did not replace it with a discounted phone because you did not "retain the same wireless handset for 24 months in order to receive the full advantages of this program."

This language seems ambiguous to me and I don't want to assume that it works out in my favor if I sell my phone during the 2 year period.

The grandfather clause states: "Information for Existing Customers . . .
    When completing your New Every Two upgrade, you will need to renew your agreement for another two years on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher (after which time you will be enrolled in the $30/$50 New Every Two program available to new customers)."

I interpret this to mean that older customers will receive a $100 credit only for the purchase of their next phone but that upon redeeming that $100 credit, they will be automatically enrolled in the new NE2 program as to the $30/$50 pricing. If older customers will be automatically enrolled in the new program for pricing, it is reasonable to believe that they will be bound by the other restrictions of the new program, which include the possible restriction on keeping the handset itself.

If my interpretation of the language is off base, I welcome anyone's comments.

Edited to add that I cannot get the link to work and I am uncertain where else to find the language.
    07-07-09 04:01 PM
    this was the case at some point, but now employees are under a 1 year contract...too many were adding and removing lines...so they had to put something in place
    You sure? Do you work in a store or a center? Cause this is news to me.

Well, I am not contracted. And won't be.
    07-07-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD