The friendly assistant at the verizon store informed my girlfriend that these two phones are virtually the same, besides the trackpad. Looking over what specs I have in just a few minutes, I tend to agree. So I wanted to come here and ask some people who have experience with either one, or both of the phones.

Why do you like one more than the other? Thanks guys!
    06-24-10 04:29 PM
    One of the differences is the trackball vs trackpad, also the Bold has wifi, and double the memory. The processor is Open GL (which will be useful in the future when more applications utilize that) and the Bold is new. The Tour is on its way out, many have had trackball issues, and in my opinion, going with the Bold would be the smart bet at this point.
    06-24-10 04:32 PM
    Would you also agree that it is the best blackberry available to Verizon at this time? I don't really think she is into any of the other smart phones, she is obsessed with BBM. I guess it's the small things.
    06-24-10 04:35 PM
    At this point, specification wise, yes it is the best.

The Tour is a good device, as is the 9550 (Storm2). It would be personal preference.

But between the 9630 and 9650 I would definitely say going with the 9650 would be the wiser decision given the fact we have seen the 9630 is on End of Life at Verizon.
    06-24-10 04:39 PM
    With the Bold out now and the similarities to the Tour along with the upgrades there is no reason to recommend the Tour. Its not even a question at this point. Unless there is some super clearance blowout price on the Tour, which as far as I know there isn't yet.
    06-24-10 05:13 PM
    After having a Tour since release day and now having the Bold, I would say to go with the 9650. The track pad is far superior to the track ball (had three units go bad and need to be returned) and the WiFi and double memory are an added bonus.

The upgrade to the track pad alone makes the 9650 worth it IMO. Good luck
    06-24-10 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD