So I've had my Tour since December (my current device is already a replacement) and one thing that has really bothered me is the trackball. It is so recessed that it actually irritates my thumb when I press it. Initially I thought this wasn't that big of a deal, but now it's really starting to bother me. My last device's trackball was fine, so I know better ones are out there.

So do you think if I called up Verizon CS and explained the issue they would be willing to ship me a replacement? This will have been my fifth Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 11:43 PM
    Nobody can really answer that until you try calling them and asking yourself. but tour's have had a substantial amount of trackball issues so if you can all make any complaint regarding the trackball they'll probably change it for you about 80% of the time.
    04-08-10 12:07 AM
    I was wondering the same thing, I didnt notice my trackball was recessed until I picked up a friends Tour and his was much better, and raised alot more. My trackball still functions and clicks properly, it just sits lower than normal.
    04-08-10 06:02 AM
    i had issues with my trackball and they sent me a replacement tour...i've only had to get my tour replaced once since i bought my tour back in october. i had no problems telling tech support that my trackball was sticking. they did give me 2 options, go to the nearest verizon corporate store to get the phone replaced or they can ship me one...i chose to get them to ship me one cause i've had nothing but terrible customer service anytime i go to the corporate store but that's another story on its own.
    04-08-10 07:02 AM
    I was wondering the same thing, I didnt notice my trackball was recessed until I picked up a friends Tour and his was much better, and raised alot more. My trackball still functions and clicks properly, it just sits lower than normal.
    And that doesn't bother your finger tips when pressing the trackball? I feel like I need to dig my finger into it, which isn't painful, but is irritating on the skin after extended use. Maybe you don't have that because your finger tips are hardened and less sensitive if you play guitar.
    04-08-10 07:04 AM
    Haha no it really doesn't bother my fingertips. It is not recessed to the point where it is a nuisance. It bothers me more just because I know it isn't "perfect" and that it could be better on another phone.

04-08-10 08:02 AM
    Hmmm, gonna be a tough decision. I'm afraid of ending up with a worse device. I'd like to think they have everything sorted out by now, but you never know...
    04-08-10 05:45 PM
    Replacement shipped!
    04-08-10 08:44 PM
    My last one has a perfect trackball but the phone itself kicked the ol bucket on New Years and the replacement has been great as well but the trackball seems recessed more and feels smaller... It kinda grew on me eventually though as it still works great and smooth.....
    04-08-10 08:45 PM
    Replacement shipped!
    Good to hear.
    04-08-10 10:02 PM
    How did you end up describing your situation to tech support?

04-09-10 05:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD