i heard from the sprint store that you could hook up a tour and use it as an internet source. how do i do that? it says nowhere in the manual how to do it.
    11-12-09 08:55 PM
    Sometimes it's an add-on fee to enable tethering. You have to connect the USB cable to the Notebook and if I recall there's some sw you need to download to enable the connection. Do a search on the web for it or just ask Sprint tech support...
    11-12-09 09:03 PM
    i could go ask them but i dont have a chance. i work all day tomorrow and im leaving at night to go on a trip. i dont have a chance to go to the store
    11-12-09 09:09 PM
    i could go ask them but i dont have a chance. i work all day tomorrow and im leaving at night to go on a trip. i dont have a chance to go to the store
    I've never gotten any help in a Sprint store... They're very nice but you need to talk to a tier 3 BB support person to even hope to get a reliable answer to a question. Call them at lunch time... And have a good trip.

PS You can try Imagine The Freedom Of The Web Anywhere On Your Laptop! | TetherBerry
    Last edited by JaunDawg; 11-12-09 at 09:54 PM.
    11-12-09 09:46 PM
    As long as you have a Blackberry Data Plan, you will be able to use your phone as a modem. Phone as a modem is included with every Blackberry data Plan.
    If you are using the Tour, you will need to download the Smartview Software specific for the phone.
    You can find it here:
    Smartview software for Blackberry Tour
    Oh, and it is free.
    11-12-09 11:14 PM
    Can't you configure your phone as a IP modem through Desktop Manager. It's an option on the main menu in version 5.0.1. Has anyone tried this and how well does it work?
    11-13-09 12:40 AM
    i heard from the sprint store that you could hook up a tour and use it as an internet source. how do i do that? it says nowhere in the manual how to do it.
    Search "tethering," there are about a million threads on it.
    11-13-09 03:55 AM
    Does anyone with SERO still have the ability to tether???
    11-13-09 06:37 AM
    Can you do that on Verizon still, do they allow it? So we wouldn't need an air card anymore?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 06:38 AM
    Can you do that on Verizon still, do they allow it? So we wouldn't need an air card anymore?

If you have both an aircard and a BB, cancel the aircard when you can and add tethering to your BB plan. You will save money and have one less device to carry around.
    11-13-09 06:54 AM
    Thanks, NetworkGuy!

11-13-09 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD