Hey guys I need to use my Tour as a modem today. Nothing like waiting to the last minute. I found some forum posts for the Sprint Tour but nothing for Verizon. Thanks, I am using Microsoft Vista home premium on my Toshiba laptop.

I know Verizon said their is software I need to download to begin the process, however I can't remember it. I have a big meeting later. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP?

Thanks
    02-12-10 06:07 AM
    Hey guys I need to use my Tour as a modem today. Nothing like waiting to the last minute. I found some forum posts for the Sprint Tour but nothing for Verizon. Thanks, I am using Microsoft Vista home premium on my Toshiba laptop.

I know Verizon said their is software I need to download to begin the process, however I can't remember it. I have a big meeting later. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP?

Thanks
    The software you need on the laptop is VZ Access Manager. It can be downloaded from the Verizon Wireless web site and it is on the CD that you received with your phone. In order to use your phone as a modem (tethering) you need to subscribe to Verizon's tethering service.
    02-12-10 06:35 AM
    buy teatherberry or what ever its called now
    02-12-10 06:52 AM
    Also, call VZW and have them turn-on the feature. The cost is a one dollar per-day. The only drawback is you are charge 30 dollars and later pro-rated. So if you use say five days, are charge 5 dollar. You get the 25 dollars credit on the next billing cycle. My wife and I use it from time-to-time.
    02-12-10 07:40 AM
    i'm sure you can get around paying the monthly fee. i always did with previous phones.
    02-12-10 08:00 AM
    Google tetherberry or tether and for $50, you can use your tour as a modem. It's been updated that it works on bluetooth now too. I have tried other methods listed here, and they were "shut off" by Sprint as they phone companies don't want you using your data plan for a "free modem."

Tetherberry has simple support team as well and is pretty easy to set up and have running in a few minutes. Their 7 day free trial doesn't hurt either, so if you don't like it, don't pay.
    02-12-10 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD