Hi all,
    I currently Have a unique situation where I have two phone services, one in Miami (MetroPCS, CDMA) and one in Panama (Cable & Wireless, GSM). I want to be able to use the same phone for both, and from everything I've read since I started looking, this seems possible with the BB Tour 9360. The main problem I've encountered is that if I use MetroPCS' MetroFlash(Houdini from what I've read) service the phone will only be good for talk and text in Miami. I've also seen many people online who have found ways to get around this and have all or most of the features on their phone made available. Does anybody know how to get the 9360 to work with MetroPCS without being limited to talk and text? Or perhaps where to look to find out? Any information that could shed light on how to allow me to use 1 phone for both countries and be able to freely switch between the two services and have all the features of the MetroPCS service available would be greatly greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    12-17-09 02:33 PM
    I am kind of in the same situation although not internationally. I have a Sprint account which I use for work and I have a sprint phone. I am thinking of upgrading the phone to a Tour 9630.
    I also have at&t which I have a blackberry curve 8900.
    My question is: if I switch the Tour to be GSM and use my at&t sim card, in a sprint coverage area where is the phone going for data? Does it go to GSM regardless??
    12-17-09 07:28 PM
    I made a long winded PM to you BoldAddiction, but I'm new to the site and it says I need 10 posts to contact you via PM or e-mail, I'll try bumping this thread 8 times and take it from there.
    12-18-09 11:48 AM
    Personally I feel that's more responsible than scouring the site to make posts just for the sake of making them
    12-18-09 11:49 AM
    There's good reason for having more than 1 post requirements
    12-18-09 11:50 AM
    but it's inefficient and wasteful for me to pump out 10 garbage posts
    12-18-09 11:51 AM
    so i guess better that they're all consolidated to one thread
    12-18-09 11:51 AM
    @KennithG, I think the service your phone would use would depend on how you set it.
    12-18-09 11:54 AM
    If you activate the CDMA radio, you'll be on sprint, if you activate the GSM radio, you'll be on at&t.
    12-18-09 11:55 AM
    I'm not so sure on details on this point and I don't know if there would be any other issues because you'd be in range of both carriers
    12-18-09 11:55 AM
    but I know only one can be active at a time. Okay that's 10
    12-18-09 11:56 AM
    Ok. So I took the plunge. I am going to go with Sprint for my Blackberry. I am keeping my ATT line on a family plan.
    Another question I have is now is that if I switch the Tour to be GSM and I do not have data on that plan, is the phone still going to try to use data or should I switch it off to be safe. I would hate to get a massive bill in the mail because my blackberry was transferring a bunch of data.

Thanks!
    12-19-09 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD