Okay, I remembered about the addition of this feature to OS 5 for full qwerty devices after someone asked about it in another thread.

So my question - how many are using it and how do you use it.

Do you have to SELECT the predicted word by pressing ENTER (trackball) or is there another way of using the first entry on the list it provides? I'm not sure scrolling down a list is worth the effort or maybe it just takes getting use to the LIST and grabbing the correct word.

In case anyone is interested, it is successfully buried under Options/Language-and-TextInput/ShowTextInputOptions with a variety of choices including turning it ON/OFF.
    12-11-09 11:58 PM
    Cool, thanks for the info i never realized my bb was capable of doing this. Not sure if i am going to like it or not but for now i turned it on and gonna mess around with it.
    12-12-09 03:03 AM
    Thank you so much for reminding me about this. I sorely missed this feature from my Pearl.
    12-12-09 03:48 AM
    I heard about this a few weeks ago but never could figure how to turn it on. Thanks!
    12-12-09 04:59 AM
    I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and I'm enjoying it immensely. Little strange at first, but you get used to it really quickly.
    12-12-09 06:36 AM
    I figured many of us forgot this existed.

I'm still not sure that it simplifies MY typing but I may continue a bit and see. I use to have something similar on my HP 200 Palmtop and since I used its much more roomy keyboard for actually writing reports it came in handy. The Tour's much more constrained keyboard keeps my report writing limited.
    12-12-09 09:26 AM
    stupid question, but i just turned it on, but whats it suppose to do?
    12-12-09 09:36 AM
    wow i never knew as well that it could do that....
    12-12-09 09:38 AM
    stupid question, but i just turned it on, but whats it suppose to do?
    Go start writing an email and type. As you type letters, say "wh" it should provide a list of words starting with "wh" like "what" "where" "whichever" or .....

Again, I think its use on a full qwerty may be questionable but I do remember some folks with the Pearl (suretype) and other limited keypads got use to it and asked for it on qwerty. So, here it is!
    12-12-09 10:06 AM
    its supposed to predict what you text and make the typing quicker but I was not a fan and turned it off about ten minutes after originally turning it on. It does indeed require a bit of a learning curve. Are any of you really successful with it and feel that it indeed speeds up your typing? What was your learning curve. As I said I gave it up really quickly as I didnt really like it but I may turn it back on if it will speed me up in the long run.
    12-12-09 10:06 AM
    Go start writing an email and type. As you type letters, say "wh" it should provide a list of words starting with "wh" like "what" "where" "whichever" or .....

Again, I think its use on a full qwerty may be questionable but I do remember some folks with the Pearl (suretype) and other limited keypads got use to it and asked for it on qwerty. So, here it is!
    thanks... I never knew we had this on the 5.0's... after playing with it for a a few mins, not sure if it helps me type any faster. Nice feature though, but not sure if its needed
    12-12-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD